Sherry Noodle Chicken (Crockpot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
SHERRY NOODLE CHICKEN (CROCKPOT)

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
2 TBS dry sherry
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese

Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Season with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery salt and paprika to taste. Place in a slow cooker.

In a medium size bowl mix the mushroom and celery soups with the sherry/wine. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, OR on high setting for 4 to 5 hours.

Serve over egg noodles.

WHOA!

I just found this, elf, while searching for something else. Looks fabulous, EASY and is going into my file, to be made very soon.

However, rather than use two half-cans of soup, I'll use a whole can of cream of celery soup and toss in some mushrooms.

This would be an excellent recipe, doubled, for a crowd - especially in today's big oval crockpots, like mine!

Lee

Yes, the soup thing is just because I like both those flavors. After using my crockpot for awhile now I would opt for bone-in breasts or even thighs. I'm just no longer a fan of boneless skinless. :chef:

Thanks KitchenElf - looks delicious. But I agree that I wouldn't use 2 half-cans of soup - would choose one & adjust other flavors accordingly. I also think this would be a great dish for a package of boneless/skinless chicken thighs.

I swear - boneless, skinless thighs are AWESOME! I can use 2 half cans in my house (thought it's been a long time since I've used cream of anything) - my DH loves to eat it right out of the can! ICK :LOL:

WHOA!

I just found this, elf, while searching for something else. Looks fabulous, EASY and is going into my file, to be made very soon.

However, rather than use two half-cans of soup, I'll use a whole can of cream of celery soup and toss in some mushrooms.

This would be an excellent recipe, doubled, for a crowd - especially in today's big oval crockpots, like mine!

Lee

And that is why "Search" on this forum works the way it does, to bring up old recipes.... :LOL:

mmm, chicken thighs... that;s where it's at for me. This looks good.

Yeah, these days I nearly always use boneless/skinless chicken thighs in chicken recipes instead of the boneless/skinless breasts. I only tend to use breasts if I'm going to use them in split & stuff recipes, or bang them down into thin cutlets recipes.

Uhh, no..... I fixed it (lol).
I was having a problem with too many Ts in my words for some reason. I hate typing on this laptop.......

Yeah, these days I nearly always use boneless/skinless chicken thighs in chicken recipes instead of the boneless/skinless breasts. I only tend to use breasts if I'm going to use them in split & stuff recipes, or bang them down into thin cutlets recipes.

Yep, pounding out is the ONLY way to go in my book. I just about don't care what recipe it is - pound them out! The only way that I have found they work not pounded is soaking in buttermilk for 3 days. They are awesome! The 4th day I soak in teriyaki, pineapple juice, and white wine - try it sometime.

pacanis - lol - it will take me a few days to get over it! :glare::LOL:

i too use way more thighs that breasts. they have better flavor and don't dry out easily.

only use breasts for a casserole i make for the kids.

and they are usually less expensive.

babe:chef:

Back
Top Bottom