SHETLAND ISLANDS ... any good restaurants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntdot

Head Chef
We are going to the Shetland Islands for several days in the early fall.

Would love to know if anyone knows of good restaurants there.

Thanks.

One that I could recommend (but haven't been there for a few years) is Busta House Hotel at Busta, Isles of Shetland.

I attended a wedding there a while back and the food was great - lots of local produce, well cooked and the service was great.

Here's their website - but as I say, I haven't been there for a few years.
http://www.bustahouse.com/

Thanks much Ishbel, was hoping you would know something about the area.

We have been to Scotland a number of times, but this is our first trip to the Shetlands.

Will try to get there.

Thank you again and God bless.

auntdot, please don't eat the ponies! They are so cute.:-p

Seriously, sounds like a wonderful trip. Hope they call you m'lord whilst you are visiting.

Hope not.... Milord or My Lord is a masculine term! Milady or My Lady is much more suited to a woman of Aunt Dot's calibre!:)

Thank you My Lady Ishbel, but we are just common folk.

We got to see the Queen, she was in a car, when she was going to open the Scottish Parliament.

If that makes us royalty, or even nobility, so be it. We could stand to be just a simple baron and baroness.

It is really not asking for much, we don't think.

We are not even asking for a seat in the Lords, although it would be nice.

As for the fox hunting matter, I think, since you gave us our titles, we would vote your opinion.

And we would have you over to the castle as often as we could.

Sorry, time to get back to reality.

Take care and God bless.

Hahhaaaaaaa - AuntDot, you are talking to a Scottish Nationalist - a republican one :) My family are related in some way to Scottish kings of bygone era.... not looking for any kind of title, though:cool:

Ethel Hofman, a cooking teacher and food writer, wrote an engaging memoir called "Mackerel at Midnight," about growing up Jewish in the Shetland Islands. You might enjoy the read, and find some tips about what to see.

amazon has the book...

ps... I know she goes back to visit every year, so you might google her and email her for suggestions..... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom