Show-Stopping Sweets!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D

it's one of those bulk discount supermarkets jkath, like costco or sam's club...

man that was really hard. umm, ok, difficult, sheesh...

runninduo said:
There was recently a recipe on the cover of Women's Day magazine for a 3 layer Cheesecake (2 diff kinds of chocolate and pumpkin). It was very yummy........

I made this about 3 weeks ago, and the recipient BEGGED me to make another the following week, but my ovens went out and I didn't have the new ones in on time. Read the recipe carefully and get all the pans, bowls (large measuring cups are good for this recipe, as you add 3 different flavorings and you can assure yourself of equal layers.) together before hand. Unless you much more organized than I am, it is time consuming to have to find yet another medium bowl and/or a microwave safe measuring cup, and therefore I didn't quite meet the refrigeration requirements. It's very forgiving in that regard though, the ganache sets up beautifully. try this one for thanksgiving, it a keeper.

Black Forest Cake:

2 (20oz) cans tart pitted cherries, undrained
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 (9-inch) chocolate cake layers, baked and cooled
2 cups cold whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine reserved cherry juice, cherries, sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Add vanilla and stir.

Split each each cake layer in half horizontally. Crumble one half layer; set aside

Beat cold whipping cream and the powdered sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer set at high speed until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 1/2 cups whipped cream for decorative piping.

Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup whipped cream; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with second cake layer, 1 cup whipped cream and 3/4 cup cherry topping; top with third cake layer.

Frost cake sides with remaining whipped cream; pat gently with reserved cake crumbs.

Spoon reserved 1 1/2 cups whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. Spoon remaining cherry topping over top of cake.

Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie:

1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 cups rice crispies
1/4 cup sour cream
1 qt chocolate chip ice cream, softened

Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate lightly with butter.

Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Zap on HIGH until hot, about 45 secs. Stir until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the chocolate mixture.

Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a med bowl and mix to coat cereal. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 min.

Combine reserved chocolate mixture and the sour cream in a small bowl and mix well. Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate. Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture. Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture. Freeze pie, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom