Shrimp Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have a thin (store bought) pizza crust, some shrimp, some arugula, some parm or pecorino sun dried tomatoes and various condiments. Can I make a pizza out of this? Should I pre cook
the shrimp? Want to make something quick for tonight's dinner.

Sure you can make a pizza with your ingredients. I think you need some good melting cheese in there, like mozzarella though, to hold the whole shebang together. I made a shrimp pizza the other night, and I wish I had used raw shrimp instead of cooked. The shrimp would have been perfectly cooked after the 12 min. in the 475 degree oven. I didn't use a sauce, but brushed olive oil on the crust, and used thin sliced white onions (well drained on paper towels), mushrooms, shrimp, lots of mozzarella, and pine nuts.

Thanks. I'll pick up some mozzarella and I have the pine nuts.I think I'll not precook the shrimp, just let the oven do the work.

That will make a great pizza with the moz cheese added as well. I would probably leave the arugala out though it it were me and use that for a side salad instead. I am not crazy about greens on pizza unless it is something like spinach, but that is just me.

I would also put the shrimp on raw. Overcooked shrimp is a shame.

Thanks GB. I had already decided not to use the arugula on the pizza. It'll be a salad instead. Good to have my decision validated by a good cook.

...I am not crazy about greens on pizza unless it is something like spinach, but that is just me...

I agree with you with another exception - Basil. Basil seems to suffer the heat better than most greens. Besides baking it on a Pizza Margarite, I even dared to duplicate a TV recipe and deep fried half a dozen leaves for a garnish, and they were great!

I have a thin (store bought) pizza crust, some shrimp, some arugula, some parm or pecorino sun dried tomatoes and various condiments. Can I make a pizza out of this? Should I pre cook
the shrimp? Want to make something quick for tonight's dinner.

Not only would I NOT precook the shrimp, I wouldn't put them on until the pizza is half baked. If you allow the shrimp to cook the whole time the pizza does, at that hot temperature, your shrimp will be hard as little rocks, and totally overcooked.

Shrimp take very little time at not a very hot temp to cook perfectly. You sure don't want to ruin them.

Back
Top Bottom