Six Course Degustation Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
I did this one while still up in Los Angeles at The Four Seasons. Six Courses, $140; $180 with wine pairings. These platings came out better than the five course menu but it was also a more elegant and upscale menu and I had a bigger budget to work with in terms of food costs:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/five-course-degustation-menu-28947.html

Okay, so here was the six courser:

First Course: Grilled Green and White Asparagus Salad with Baby Watercress, Frisee, Sweetbread Croutons (veal, not flour), Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette

Second Course: Pan Seared Alaskan King Salmon with a Fricassee of Fava Beans and Wild Mushrooms, Truffle-Mushroom Emulsion

Third Course: Butter Poached Maine Lobster Salad with Avocado, Cucumber, Micro Greens, Vine Ripened Tomato, Passion Fruit-Pineapple Vinaigrette

Fourth Course: Duck, Duck, Goose! - Duck Two Ways: Pan Seared Sonoma Breast and Confit of Duck Leg, Mini Raviolis of Hudson Valley Foies Gras, Five Spice Natural Duck Jus

Fifth Course: Roasted Bacon Wrapped Niman Ranch NY Striploin with Goat Cheese Whipped Potatoes, Summer Vegetables, and Sauce Marchand de Vin

Sixth Course: Flourless Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Caramel-Cinnamon Gelato

Last edited:
Oh, the Sweetbread croutons I understand and that sounds like something to play with for sure!!! The entire menu sounds wonderful!

Five spice and duck jus - another flavor worth playing with.

Congratulations on a great menu.

How in the world could anyone even begin to eat the dessert after all that......I'd be curled up in a ball somewhere blissfully sleeping from a full tummy. Ok......maybe just a bite if you'll spoonfeed it to me :) .

Looks amazing iron!

I already googled the sweetbread croutons and decided I would pass on that item, only because I dont like organ meats. I also dont like duck, and beef is not my thing either. It all looks so appetizing though! So definately the lobster, the salmon and dessert for me. I preferred your five-course dinner actually, but then again I'm a huge seafood fan.

Aww Amber, organ meats rock. To me, the sweetbreads are the best part of the veal next to the cheeks. And nothing on the goose comes close to the flavor of foie gras. I better eat my fill before it's outlawed everywhere.

Another fantastic looking presentation. Great stuff. Bring on the organ meats.

I have already begun a black market foie gras underground for the day it's outlawed everywhere.

I'm also not a fan of organ meat, and though I've always been a little curious about trying it, I know I couldn't eat foie gras without having a very guilty conscious.

That said, your menu looks amazing. I think the duck course in particular sounds very appealing.

i know this post is old..but oh man..my mouth is so watering right now its not funny! just thought to bump it to make everyone else salivate as well....mmm

i was looking at the 5 course one and bumped this because there is an extra dish to salivate over LOL

Ironchef- do you still get to do multicourse degustation menus very often? Your food is always a pleasure to look at, and it's probably as close to edge cuisine as any of us are likely to get.

college_cook said:
Ironchef- do you still get to do multicourse degustation menus very often? Your food is always a pleasure to look at, and it's probably as close to edge cuisine as any of us are likely to get.

No, not anyomre, but it's okay. My current position allows me more experimentation with less stress.

lol, college cook. it must be great to be young, smart, and able to speak for everyone. :cool: (j/k, relax boah, just rufflin' yer feathuhs. camptown races 5 mile long, doo dah, doo dah, yum bum bum bum, bim bam boo, doo dah, doo dah)

i.c., i'm glad this one was bumped. i'm freakin' starving now after seeing your pics, and reading the menu.

black market foie gras sounds better than regular foie gras, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom