Slow cooker lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcv

Assistant Cook
I work at home and I love a hot lunch. During the cold months I make soup every weekend and eat it all week for lunch. I'm pretty much done making soup for awhile and I'm looking for ideas. All my slow cooker lunch meals involve hot dogs - I make chili dogs or 'kraut dogs and right now I have franks and beans going... I sliced up a couple dogs, chopped up an onion and mixed it with a can of B&M and a little mustard in my crock pot... mmmm ;)

Anyway... I'd love some lunch ideas that don't involve hot dogs.

Thanks in advance

Beef Stew (Cubed Boneless Chuck Roast + Beef Broth + Frozen Mixed Vegetables + Spices of your choice)

Tamale or Taco Filling - then add to a flour tortilla when ready to eat.

BBQ Pork - Add to a bun.

Good Luck! :chef:

Last edited:
no hot dogs, huh?

how about hamburgers?

lol, j/k.

yuk, burgers in a slow cooker. reminds me of an old coworker who used to bring in raw burger patties and put them in the microwave to make for his lunch. he ate 2 grey burgers every day. EVERY DAY!
gack.

i agree with btab, make meatballs and sausages in tomato sauce and serve with pasta.

i bought a microwavable metal plate thing years ago to try to make stuff like that, but it never got hot enough and only turned meats a sort of darker grey.

back on topic: i make a pork rib roast in the crock pot with apple and butter gravy that's pretty good. i think i posted the recipe here. i'll go look.

but you can slice off a chop for lunch for a few days. hth.

I work at home and I love a hot lunch. During the cold months I make soup every weekend and eat it all week for lunch. I'm pretty much done making soup for awhile and I'm looking for ideas. All my slow cooker lunch meals involve hot dogs - I make chili dogs or 'kraut dogs and right now I have franks and beans going... I sliced up a couple dogs, chopped up an onion and mixed it with a can of B&M and a little mustard in my crock pot... mmmm ;)

Anyway... I'd love some lunch ideas that don't involve hot dogs.

Thanks in advance

Do you use a small slow cooker ( 1 1/2 to 2 quart)? Put in a few skinless chicken thigh, cover with your favorite BBQ sauce. At lunch time just shread of the bone and make a sandwich. :chef:

canola-oil, then sear a roast, season it (pork or beef) crockpot on low for a day or 2, shred & make sammiches. use worchestershire, salt, pepper & the likes as you deem fit. kraut or shredded/seasoned cabbage if cooking pork can be pan-cooked or added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom