Smoked Protein with Zero Cholesterol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually bake low and slow, allowing time for the marinade to caramelize. 60-80 minutes @ 250°F.

Thanks Greg, now I am not sure what I am looking for. Should it be bake to the point of being crispy or what?

No they should have a bit of skin, about al dente maybe a bit chewier, and soft in the middle. Just looking to give it some texture.

Thanks Greg, now I am not sure what I am looking for. Should it be bake to the point of being crispy or what?
No, not crispy. Cook it too long and it will get tough. Maybe cook it to the point of light browning, although that may be difficult to determine due to the dark marinade. I think you could cut off a bite while it's in the oven, let it cool and taste it, then decide. I think a little bit chewy or somewhat chewy might be an indication. Maybe a bit softer than chicken. I suspect it's not really that critical as long as it isn't an extreme.

Might be good to experiment, take a piece out somewhat early, then later take out all but one last piece, let the last piece cook a bit longer. Then decide when it's served which is best.

I usually bake low and slow, allowing time for the marinade to caramelize. 60-80 minutes @ 250°F.

Thanks because I just put the marinaded Tofu in my Milti fuel, Smoker, Grill, Roaster, Baker and Whatever.
img_1144856_0_6c9a959d7b9766f3ad28b2b82ce3b8fb.jpg

No they should have a bit of skin, about al dente maybe a bit chewier, and soft in the middle. Just looking to give it some texture.

No, not crispy. Cook it too long and it will get tough. Maybe cook it to the point of light browning,

OK thanks and that is what I will be looking for.

So you all know I am not a fan of Tofu but recently entered my life about 200 cholesterol points, 20 blood pressure points and 35 pounds ago. Now I just have to fine ways to give the most bland food I have ever had some flavor.

One of my favorite tofu dishes, is an eggplant & tofu (stir-fry?) from an Asian restaurant "Panda Express." The flavors are wonderful. There are some copycat recipes on the web. I'll bet a spicy peanut sauce would be great too.

Great pics, Savannah. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Here it it and I am wondering if this looks right? I flip the tofu half way through.
img_1144866_0_4d10295ecd82adced1355ac0de49d49e.jpg

BTW it really has a great taste,:yum::yum:

Last edited:
So this isn't the finished product? You are going to smoke it too? Looking forward to this!

So this isn't the finished product? You are going to smoke it too? Looking forward to this!

Sorry to give the wrong impression but I am not going to smoke this batch. This batch we am going to eat in a stew tonight and the next batch will be Marinaded and Hot Smoke Tofu.

Thinking about it I do not think I will get good smoke penetration if I baked it and then smoked it. My next plan is to accomplish both the baking and smoking in at the same time by Hot Smoking for better smoke absorption and then pan frying to crisp it up.

Thanks again for all the help and interest.:)

Last edited:
You kidding? We are all hoping for the ultimate tofu eating experience. Yours looks great!

The current batch looks so good, I couldn't imagine what else you could possibly do to it! Looking forward to the next batch!

I am going to be smoking some Kielbasi and corn tomorrow so I think I will also throw the remaining pieces of pressed, marinaded, baked Tofu in the smoker and see what happens. Who knows, maybe Pressed, Marinaded, Baked, Smoked, Pan Fried, Extra Firm Tofu might be very scrumptious indeed.:)

PMBSPFEFT
:ROFLMAO:

Savannahsmoker said:
I am going to be smoking some Kielbasi and corn tomorrow so I think I will also throw the remaining pieces of pressed, marinaded, baked Tofu in the smoker and see what happens. Who knows, maybe Pressed, Marinaded, Baked, Smoked, Pan Fried, Extra Firm Tofu might be very scrumptious indeed.:)

PMBSPFEFT
:ROFLMAO:

I love a simple recipe.

:ROFLMAO: We will feature it in the Christmas newsletter?

Thanks for the laugh, SS! I can't stop!

Last edited:

When you get that all together you should whip up some tempura batter and deep fry some of that tempura style. I have NO idea what you'd call it. :)

When you get that all together you should whip up some tempura batter and deep fry some of that tempura style. I have NO idea what you'd call it. :)

Now that is spendid Greg and I do whip up a great tempura batter I learned in the other end of the world.

Pressed, Marinaded, Baked, Smoked, Extra Firm Tofu, Tempura Style
PMBSEFTTS:ermm:
OR
PMBSPFT:ermm:
Pressed, Marinaded, Baked, Smoked, Pan Fried, Extra Firm Tofu

Amazing how my simple Smoke Protein has evolved with the help of y;all.

:LOL:Y'all are to much fun:LOL: and I promise I will do both in the near future.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom