So You Think You Can Cook? Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Is anyone entering? So You Think You Can Cook?
Guess I should tell you a bit more about this contest. The top 5 finalist will be chosen to go to Rachael Ray's talk show for a throwdown. The winner will be cooking on her show and having Rachael as your assistant. She will finally shut up for a bit while you do all the talking!!! LOL The winner will also get his/her recipe posted on Rachael's mag and get a 5-day pass to the Culinary Institute of New York to brush up on your cooking. No professional chefs can enter. Deadline to submit your video tape and entry form is September 27, 2007. So who's entering? Hope to see some of you on TV soon.

Last edited:
Thank you Katie! I'm entering Fisher's Mom except I'm leaving the videotaping till the last minute. I start it and can't seem to get it right on video. I'll be rehearsing for a while. Hee hee

Thank you Katie! I'm entering Fisher's Mom except I'm leaving the videotaping till the last minute. I start it and can't seem to get it right on video. I'll be rehersing for a while. Hee hee
Where are you in Texas??? I have a videocam and I know how to use it!!! :LOL:I'm so excited for you.

Where are you in Texas??? I have a videocam and I know how to use it!!! :LOL:I'm so excited for you.
Oh I know how to use mine it's just that I review it and don't like what I see. I'll have to settle for something by tomorrow and drop it in the mail. I'm in the McAllen area (Mission to be exact). Thanks for your support.

Oh I know how to use mine it's just that I review it and don't like what I see. I'll have to settle for something by tomorrow and drop it in the mail. I'm in the McAllen area (Mission to be exact). Thanks for your support.
I'm sure it will be awesome - we're always our own worst critics! But after the submission date has passed, please tell us about your audition tape - what you cooked, etc. This is so cool!

Wow! I was cutting it close today in submitting everything on time. My little one decided to mess up our printer yesterday so I ended up rushing to the nearest library to print the entry form then rush to the post office to get the package out. I managed to video tape myself without anyone around. I may have talked a bit TOO much while I was cooking my famous "South of the Border" enchiladas. I even added some history about our Mexican traditions in cooking and that sort of thing to make it interesting and not shoot a video without words. Huh! As if I can't chat enough! I'm glad I entered this contest and even if I don't place, I'm satisfied knowing I tried (and had fun doing it). Keep watching out for me on the RR Show (just in case). See ya!

Awesome, Dina. It's great that you tried. You know that you wouldn't get anywhere if you didn't enter. Too many folks don't do things for fear of failure. Doing nothing guarantees failure. Buck and I are cheering for you. Go girl!!!!!!

Atta girl, Dina! I didn't know you had little kids - double kudos for getting it done and submitted by the deadline. Enchiladas sound great and I'm sure you talked exactly the right amount. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

The contestants will show on Monday, November 5 on the RR show. I wasn't picked of course but it will be good to watch who was actually picked. Thanks for rooting for me.

Maybe next time... Dina, the more practice you get, the better you'll get at it. Don't be afraid to try again for another contest. Or how about TNFNS?

I won't give up ChefJune. Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to enter the TNFNS also...nothing to lose.

Back
Top Bottom