Soft Zucchini Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
With summer comming up I'm pretty sure some of us will have an abundance of zucchini. I haven't made these yet but they look good so I thought I'd go ahead & share it.

1/2C. shortening
1/2C. sugar
1C. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3C. peelen zucchini, coarsely grated
2 1/2C. flour
2C. quick cooking oatmeal
1tsp. baking powder
1/2tsp. baking soda
1tsp. cinnamon
1/2tsp. salt
1C. chopped nuts
1C. raisins

Cream shortening, sugars, & eggs until fluffy; stir in zucchini. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cimmamon, & salt; add to zucchini mixture. Stir in oatmeal until well blended. Add nuts & raisins, stir until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes. Cool slightly on pan & finish cooling on wire rack.

Ohhhh crewks. You saved me. I always end up giving my Zucchinni away to my neighbors cause i have WAY too many. Going to keep this. Thanks

I know the feeling. I haven't grown any in a couple of years because my MIL always gives me a lot & it usually ends up going to my neighbors as well. I also make a lot of zucchini bread in my bread machine. I don't know where I put that recipe though. I'll have to find it to post too.

I love my bread machine. I use it about every 3 days. I don't think there is a recipe for zucchini bread? Can you use another recipe in the bread machine? or do you have to use what they gave you.( this could be a dumb ?) Last time I made a recipe in there it wasn't one from the book and it didn'y come out right.

This one is in the book that came with mine. There is a section in it of quick breads. I'm not sure about using another recipe because I haven't tried to. I've only used the recipes in my book & a few of the boxed mixes for bread macines that are in the stores. I'll try to find it & post it for you though.

Alix said:
Heeheehee! These are in the oven right now. I modified things a bit tho.
Someone call social services....she made our girls eat them!:sick:

HEY! Shouldn't you be out interviewing someone? (And just for that I am not letting you have any)

Alix said:
HEY! Shouldn't you be out interviewing someone? (And just for that I am not letting you have any)

As a matter of fact, I just interviewed a stuntman who's going to light himself on fire and jump from 30 feet into a pool of water less than three feet deep tomorrow in St. Albert for cancer research.
Anyone in the Daytona area know Mike Dochterman? He says it's cold here.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom