Solstice 2022 December 21 Supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is the night that we celebrate Yule. It was a fairly traditional, Danish Yule supper for us. I made flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål (sweet and sour red cabbage), potatoes, gravy, and the less traditional, Waldorf salad. I'm pooped, but it was worth it. We had Henkell Trocken with that. We will be skipping the risalamande, which I didn't make. I didn't have anything to make the cherry sauce with and we don't have room for dessert.

Attachments

• Flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål, potatoes, gravy, and Waldorf salad.jpg
    Flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål, potatoes, gravy, and Waldorf salad.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål, potatoes, gravy, Waldorf salad, and Henkel.jpg
    Flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål, potatoes, gravy, Waldorf salad, and Henkel.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4
With the winter storm heading our way, we did a bunch of shopping today. Before we left, while watching the early local news, we saw an ad for one of our area favorites - Hooley House. Stopped in for a beer and sandwich apiece. Himself had Smithwick's, a Hooligan burger (Jameson caramelized onions, American and Swiss cheese, secret sauce), and their homemade "chips".
20221221_212911.jpg

I had Great Lakes Brewing Christmas Ale, a patty melt, and tots!
20221221_212939.jpg

German bologna, American cheese, and French mustard on low-calorie Italian bread with a glass of ice-cold skim milk.

I scraped the last few spoons of no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream directly from the carton for afters.

This is the night that we celebrate Yule. It was a fairly traditional, Danish Yule supper for us. I made flæskesteg (Danish pork roast), rødkål (sweet and sour red cabbage), potatoes, gravy, and the less traditional, Waldorf salad. I'm pooped, but it was worth it. We had Henkell Trocken with that. We will be skipping the risalamande, which I didn't make. I didn't have anything to make the cherry sauce with and we don't have room for dessert.
My mom would make this for my dad. I loved the crispy, salt and peppered rind/crackling.

We had dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Breakfast was asparagus soup w/ww toast, then 4 cup salads topped with pineapple and apple dice, and dinner was fermented 9 grain flakes with carrot slaw and golden raisins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom