Some great FREE training today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I got invited to participate in ARFF (Airport Rescue Firefighting) class today. What a great day to be off work. :D Now I know how a pork butt feels. :eek:

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I got invited to participate in ARFF (Airport Rescue Firefighting) class today. What a great day to be off work. :D Now I know how a pork butt feels. :eek:

Guess you're not gonna reply to my PM hose boy!

Looks like a good time. I always loved live burns when I was involved with the fire service...

Bill The Grill Guy said:

You get a lot of planes landing there in Charlottesville do you?

Actually, the air port here gets around 1 plane every 5 minutes. One of our firehouses responds as second due to all calls there. The training can also be used as a major fuel spill fire as well.

And yes, I did take some ribbing about it being a big cooker and feeling like a pork butt. :!:

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1zru76g5]I got invited to participate in ARFF (Airport Rescue Firefighting) class today. What a great day to be off work. :D Now I know how a pork butt feels. :eek:

You get a lot of planes landing there in Charlottesville do you?[/quote:1zru76g5]
Bruce remind me to NOT fly to Charlottesville any time soon :!:

Bill, which guy are you in the pic's?

I have to admit I outgrew that type of training. I've been a volunteer fireman now for 28 years and I'm glad we have such a great group of young guys here to do that work. If you guys haven't ever experinced firefighting, one big fire is probably the equavilent of a 40 hour work week in a 2 hour span.

Bill The Grill Guy said:

Lord I enjoied doing that course when they had it Paris Island for the fire depts in SC. Was a firefighter /paramedic for 23 years , now I enjoy doing BBQ!!! Thanks for the pics brought back memories!!

Back
Top Bottom