Some products that I like in Israel and those I don't.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
although mostly made by big companies which i don't like very much.. boorekas is a very nice comfort food many times. but it depends on the brand and the product.
you can see a photo of some phyllo light cheese burekas i've baked from a frozen product. these ones are without margarine.

on the other hand. in israel it is a very hard task to find good frozen dumplings. most of them are total garbage.

what do you think?

after baking burekas you need to wait about 10-15 minutes for not burning yourself.

Attachments

• a5d10f50-3d4f-4925-8dc1-5d4b57679d47.jpeg
    a5d10f50-3d4f-4925-8dc1-5d4b57679d47.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
Are these like Turkish börek? Rolls made with phyllo dough, stuffed with various fillings and fried? I had them in Turkey and loved them. I've made them myself a couple of times, but not for quite a while. There's a Middle Eastern grocery store near me that has frozen börek that is from Lebanon, I think. I haven't tried them.

they are crispy.and only soft inside.
so mostly no. but there are many versions in turkey

btw
they are not fried

fluffy salty light cheese but you can get many kinds of fillings too from other products

you don't have to thaw them before baking

Last edited:
Actually they sounds sort of good. What makes you say they are garbage? the texture? the taste? is it lacking in taste? would you put a different filling in? the phyllo?

i like it.
the thing i meant was garbage are the dumpling that are mostly sold here. the filling is not good..

i did a good review and bad review

My bad, you did say that it was the dumplings.
I often find that things like dumplings (but others as well) where there is boiling at some point in the cooking, often leaves a definite boiled taste - even after crisping them up again in oil.

this time i had potato burekas at sarona's market at the bulgerian burekas place

Attachments

• 965d4dd0-8a4b-49b8-9517-18f40676033f.jpeg
    965d4dd0-8a4b-49b8-9517-18f40676033f.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom