Sometimes life is good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef

Life is good. I have my new WSM that the little big man helped me put together and my new DR.BBQ All year long cook book came in today and so did the new Springsteen CD the Seeger Sessions. I started this thread because I didn’t want the Holy Shark thread to go off on a tangent. I loaded the WSM with Lump because it was what I had available, I did however use some Kingsford as the starter coal. I’m getting some slight temp fluctuation but I figure it’s from a combination of the lump and it being somewhat windy today. Any thought’s or comments?
I can deal with the fluctuations they are not huge about 10* -15* from 235-250*. I am cooking some chicken breast’s (bone in) I picked up at BJ’s I was going to do them on Buford along with some ribs I picked up for tomorrow. But when the WSM came I just had to fire it up. I will be doing the ribs tomorrow on Buford they are loin ribs that I got at a good price. I’ll probably do a fatty or smoke some dogs for lunch. The boys dig the smoked hot dogs. Well I am having a hell of a day and if I didn’t call of last week Friday, today would be a wellness day but.. If you want to play ya got to pay. I’ll update you if I can. :D

I also don't get any fluctuations in temps, but I use a guru. It will also get better after a few cooks when you get some grease building up and it helps seal from section to section. But temp swings 10 or 15* won't make a difference! And your right, life is good!

The Joker said:
Looks great WittDog! How was the skin?
The skin was actually edible. It was half way crispy, I read some where that if you put a decent amount of salt on it. The skin will crisp. It’s ribs and Sub Atomic Dinosaur Turds today on Buford. I grabbed some banana peppers and stuffed them and wrapped them. I might do a fatty to go with them for lunch. They are ready to go on now.

This is what’s cooking today. The ABT’s and Fatty is almost done. I’m going to cut the grass and then it’s time to eat.

The Joker said:
Oh yeah, babe! =P~ Don't I have a standing invite? :)
If you leave now you can be here in time for the ABT's and Fatty's to be ready. I tossed some left over pulled pork in the ABTs. I'm thinking about mixing some homemade apple butter into the Sauce instead of the Apple Juice and Honey route I usually go. What do you think?

wittdog said:
The Joker said:
Oh yeah, babe! =P~ Don't I have a standing invite? :)
If you leave now you can be here in time for the ABT's and Fatty's to be ready. I tossed some left over pulled pork in the ABTs. I'm thinking about mixing some homemade apple butter into the Sauce instead of the Apple Juice and Honey route I usually go. What do you think?
Hell, I wouldn't be able to stay long ~ Gotta pick up the kids from school.. Besides, I'm gettin' ready to poke a hole in the RK #-o to mount a Guru ~ Just got back from HD with a Unibit 3-Pack.. [-o<

Apple butter in the sauce? Hmmmm.. :-k That might could work.

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
[quote="The Joker":1of3lxia]Oh yeah, babe! =P~ Don't I have a standing invite? :)
Hell, I wouldn't be able to stay long ~ Gotta pick up the kids from school.. Besides, I'm gettin' ready to poke a hole in the RK #-o to mount a Guru ~ Just got back from HD with a Unibit 3-Pack.. [-o<[/quote:1of3lxia]

Poke a hole in the RK :ack: Good Luck my thoughts are with you [-o< . You could always bring the kids, I'm up till 5 today.

The Joker said:
Lookin' good WittDog! =P~ What temp did you run Buford at?
My normal 250 at the top. The bacon isn't as dark as it looks. But it is crispy. I have the ribs in foil now and there is about 1/2 a fatty left and a couple of peppers. We want pics of RK project.

Pics are up WittDog.

brian j said:
[quote="The Joker":2zoo187r]Hell, I wouldn't be able to stay long ~ Gotta pick up the kids from school.. Besides, I'm gettin' ready to poke a hole in the RK #-o to mount a Guru ~ Just got back from HD with a Unibit 3-Pack.. [-o<
ok, i'll bite. what's the rk and most importantly what kind of guru did you get?[/quote:2zoo187r]
I have 2 Competitors, one with a 4CFM blower and one with a 10. The old one is one of the original with the temp probes hardwired instead of having a connector. Ranch Kettle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom