"Sometimes you feel like a nut...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Almond Joy or Mounds?

• I always "feel like a nut" - Almond Joy each time

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Never "nutty" - Mounds only

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'm good with either

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wish I could pick milk chocolate without an almond or dark with almond. *sigh*

• Coconut candy? Not for me!

• Total voters

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...sometimes you don't."

That's what the old commercial for Almond Joy and Mounds bars would say. But, did Hershey's ever consider that some people made their choice based on whether it was milk chocolate or dark? While I do like almonds, I always pick dark chocolate before milk.

If you enjoyed these tasty coconut candies, which one did you prefer? Or was it a toss-up for you depending on your mood and you could go either way?

I Love Mounds - Almond Joy is too sweet BUT a Mounds bar with Almonds would be Devine.

We’re on the same track. I’ve always said what was needed was a dark chocolate/almond combo. Maybe a Mounds Joy.

Actually, what prompted me to start this thread was finding a new-to-me candy when I shopped at Aldi a couple weeks ago. While not a bar, it is dark chocolate and coconut with an almond. There is a half piece displayed on top of the container.

It's all too easy to pop these little morsels into my mouth...
IMG_20220216_215758969_HDR.jpg

Actually, what prompted me to start this thread was finding a new-to-me candy when I shopped at Aldi a couple weeks ago. While not a bar, it is dark chocolate and coconut with an almond. There is a half piece displayed on top of the container.

View attachment 51068

I saw those at TJ's too, but not a super big Nut fan, I walked past them. :LOL:

I voted "not for me" because I won't eat either one. I love coconut. But, for some reason, I don't like coconut candy. I think it's because of the sweetness.

One of the best things ever is to crack open a fresh coconut and dig out the 'meat'. But adding sugar and turning it into candy kind of ruins it for me.

View attachment 51068

Now those I may like. I'll look for them the next time I visit Aldi.

Those do look good! And I'm another one that always preferred Mounds, due to the dark chocolate, but it would be nice with the almond.

Speaking of chocolate. I used to be a chocoholic.
In the beginning it was milk chocolate, then slowly, over the years, it became dark chocolate.
Now again, slowly, over more years, it can sort of be either, but still with a definiet lean towards dark.

One consistent thing though, never ate milk chocolate before getting in a car. Made me horribly car sick.

And, milk cocolate, still often leaves an aftertaste in my mouth... blech.

What was the chocolate bar that had both nuts and raisins? Used to love those things!

Not a coconut fan here. My mother loved the stuff! I do enjoy cooking with coconut milk. I guess it is more of a texture thing, than flavor?

Speaking of chocolate. I used to be a chocoholic.
In the beginning it was milk chocolate, then slowly, over the years, it became dark chocolate.
Now again, slowly, over more years, it can sort of be either, but still with a definiet lean towards dark.

One consistent thing though, never ate milk chocolate before getting in a car. Made me horribly car sick.

And, milk cocolate, still often leaves an aftertaste in my mouth... blech.

What was the chocolate bar that had both nuts and raisins? Used to love those things!

Cadbury Fruit & Nut Bar, one of my personal favorites!
https://www.cadburyusa.com/products/cadbury-fruit-nut-bar-3-5-oz.html

speaking of chocolate. I used to be a chocoholic.

And, milk cocolate, still often leaves an aftertaste in my mouth... Blech.

What was the chocolate bar that had both nuts and raisins? used to love those things!

969384E1-ABD9-4C61-89F7-53320FA6DE51.jpeg

Cadbury changed their recipe. It's just not as good as it was when even ten years back. It's too bad. It used to be a favorite. My wife would sent me care packages while i was at se, wit homemade chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookies. These Cadbury bars, all large size : Carmelo, Fruit & Nut, Dairy Milk, and usually a black forest canned ham, with a small jar of very grainy mustard, and sometimes canned corn beef. All was packed in a box filled with real popcorn to cushion the contents. i was suddenly very popular with my shipmates when the care package arrived, even those who made life miserable normally. I only shared with friends though. We'd get fresh bread from the ship bakery (it's good to have friends in the right places), and hot cocoa mix, with creamers. I stored the Cadbury in my locker, and allowed myself one square of chocolate per day, so as to make them last.

I'm also a big fan of Zero Bars, nougat enrobed in white chocolate.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Aldi has very good "Choceur" candy bars. They have a dark chocolate with hazelnuts, and a (surprisingly good) milk chocolate with raisins and hazelnuts. The dark chocolate/hazelnut is even, dare I say, better than the Ritter bar version - at about the same price for twice the candy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom