Soup weather Thursday supper, 2023 January 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's definitely soup weather here, near Montreal. I made some Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) and served it with whole wheat baguette. I cheated and used mostly yellow onions, since it was a bit too sweet for my taste with all red onions. The whitish thing in the bowl is an egg that was poached in the soup. That was a delicious, filling meal. I will keep this one in the rotation. It's the second time I have made it and it was better this time.

Tuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia) + ww baguette.jpgTuscan Onion Soup (Carabaccia).jpg

At Mr Bliss's request, make that dish that has white cream sauce w/peas that I had when I was growing up. He remembers SOS and we aren't having that, so we had the white plant based cream sauce w/peas over potatoes and green beans on the side.
Dessert: sweet potato golden raisin bread.

First we split the one bowl of leftover cheesy cauliflower soup. Then we each had a fresh-made garden salad, followed by sharing the small amount of beef bourguignon. A bit later, we each had a slice of blueberry pie, picked up half-price off the day-old bakery shelf. Tomorrow I cook - unless I pull a leftover or two from the freezer tonight. :LOL:

Away for a few days. Found a Mediterranean Restaurant that had a lot of things my wife could eat ( vegan) so I ordered one of everything she could eat as a ' sampler' kinda dinner. Fatoush, Tabboule, Baba Ganoush, Felafel, Hummus, Spicy potatoes, fried cauliflower, Rice with lentils, Rice with vermicelli, Moussaka with tahini and pitta on the side. we have LOTS left over, but was a very good dinner.

Attachments

• dinner.png
    dinner.png
    697.8 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom