Sour Cream Streusel Coffeecake REC TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ c sugar
1 ¼ c light brown sugar, packed
4 ½ t ground cinnamon
4 ½ t unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ¼ c coarsely chopped walnuts
3 c cake flour
1 ½ t baking soda
1 ½ t baking powder
¾ t salt
 3 large eggs
 1 T pure vanilla
 16 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 350°F. Using electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar in large bowl. Grease a 12 c Bundt pan and set aside. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder in small bowl thoroughly, then add the nuts, mix well, and set aside. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture, 1 at a time, then add the vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into butter mixture in 3 additions. Beat batter on high speed for 1 minute. Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter over. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Spoon remaining batter over. Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn cake out onto rack and cool for 1 hour before serving.

I just made this yesterday, and it's gone already! Of course, the kids got most of it.

Next time I make this, I'll probably cut down on the amount of streusel topping, as I had way to much. Also, when you layer it, don't let the streusel touch the sides of the pan. It will stick to even a nonstick pan. The batter is pretty thick when it's mixed, so be prepared.

That sounds really good. Would it be possible to use another sort of pan than a bundt pan? I don't have one.

Pam

You can try a 9x13" pan, or any other pan you have. Watch the cooking times, though, as it may shorten the time.

Back
Top Bottom