Specific Food you like but everyone else at home hates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Does anyone have a specific food that no one likes in the home but you ? I get so hungry for fried fish, but don't fix it just for myself ! Maybe I should !! Never made fish taco's - they sound so good !!

Up date ! Just was reminded of another ( by Katie E.) - Liver and Onions , DH detest Liver, and of course I like it. He even hates the smell !

Last edited:
Sushi for me. Our daughter has not tried it yet as her doctor said she should wait until she is 5 so I don't know if she likes it or not, but my wife doesn't eat it.

Oh Barb, I'm going to try to forward you the BEST fish taco recipe. Love, love, love it! Fish Tacos - Allrecipes.

I did it! They are to die for! To read my review go to most helpful reviews and on to PytnPlace. They are so easy. Now that it's lent Costco has the best fish sticks on the planet so I use them in this recipe. They are by the Trident co. and are not available all year.

Food they no one but me likes. Well, this is a little confession but I love bologna sandwiches with potato chips in it. They are not in the house much because I can't stop eating this and when I do succomb I always gain a pound or two before I rid the house of my addiction and go on a diet!

Barb L. said:
Does anyone have a specific food that no one likes in the home but you ? I get so hungry for fried fish, but don't fix it just for myself ! Maybe I should !! Never made fish taco's - they sound so good !!

Oysters..I love...no I LOVE them. When I want them I eat them. Period.

Fry yourself some fish!!! My guess would be that you cook/make things for everyone else that you don't especaily care for at times.

Again...Fry yourself some fish.

(And Invite me!!)

Barb L. said:

Fish tacos are even better using grilled fish--or we even had them made with blackened salmon. Just an FYI.

Uncle Bob said:
Oysters..I love...no I LOVE them. When I want them I eat them. Period.

Fry yourself some fish!!! My guess would be that you cook/make things for everyone else that you don't especaily care for at times.

Again...Fry yourself some fish.

(And Invite me!!)
Well, to be honest - I never make anything I don't enjoy too -- Srrrryyyy, - lol, "I'm The only Cook " :brows:

PytnPlace - Thank you so very much for the recipe, I will try them for sure !! I use alot of AllRecipes recipe's, I like them because they are rated !

By the way, I like bologna and chip sandwiches too - lol

Yea, another bologna fan. lol.

Candocook, I love grilled fish - actually I eat very little fried food and usually eat very healthy. However, IMHO I prefer fried fish in fish tacos. I like the crunchy texture with the sauce and cabbage. I feel so indulgent when I have them but they are sooooo good. And I stop with one.

Cabbage for me. Mr HB doesn't even want to look at it much less smell it.

I think his parents were the 'clean plate' family so now he hates things his mom made him eat.

Liver.

Calves liver and onions. Sauteed chicken liver with white wine and tarragon sauce.

Buck doesn't care for liver of any kind. At least when our youngest son was at home, he'd ask for liver and onions when it was just the two of us for supper. The two of us would have a great pig-out together.

I really enjoy the chicken liver dish with white wine and tarragon sauce. I should plan to prepare that for myself when Buck has to go to one of his twice monthly Lions Club dinner meetings. Yeah, that's the ticket!;)

Katie, if you lived just a little closer, you and I could get together for liver and onions and let the boys have a burger.
If you also like cabbage, all the better. DH doesn't like that either.

Oh, Connie, I love cabbage. "My" day is coming up on Saturday. Can't wait!!

Fortunately, Buck likes cabbage and I have lots of good recipes for it. One of our favorites is something called Carpathain Cabbage, which has tomatoes, onions, garlic (well, of course garlic), ground beef and some other ingredients I don't recall off the top of my head. It's a skillet dish and really good.

Katie E said:
Liver.

Calves liver and onions. Sauteed chicken liver with white wine and tarragon sauce.

Buck doesn't care for liver of any kind. At least when our youngest son was at home, he'd ask for liver and onions when it was just the two of us for supper. The two of us would have a great pig-out together.

I really enjoy the chicken liver dish with white wine and tarragon sauce. I should plan to prepare that for myself when Buck has to go to one of his twice monthly Lions Club dinner meetings. Yeah, that's the ticket!;)
My DH, turns white around the edges even looking at a slice of liver..I just love it, I guess I got that from my dad, who use to have me make it for him..Flour the liver and fry it in bacon grease, then add the cooked bacon and some sauteed onion rings on top HEAVEN!!! I sure do miss that...

kadesma:)

Well, my husband doesn't eat any red meat or red meat products, & hasn't for 35 years (now that's discipline for you!!). I, however, do like the occasional lamb chop or curry, as well as a nice steak, so when he's off playing hockey or out with friends for a meal, that's what I usually make for myself.

Husband also cannot stomach scallions or any other onion products unless they're very well cooked, so anytime I feel like braised leeks or adding raw onion to anything, I'm on my own.

There are lots of things I love to esat that SO won't eat. Duck, lamb, beans, to name a few. Sometimes we have an 'every man for himself' night and I get to have a duck breast or whatever I want.

I have a pasta dish with clams that I just love. But not my partner - he says the clams are too much like hard work to eat, might break his teeth on the shells, blah, blah, all excuses because when I offer to remove the clams from the shells, he still says he won't eat it.

For my family it is mushrooms. I love them, will eat them in anything or fixed in any way. NO ONE else in my family will eat them.

GB said:
Sushi for me. Our daughter has not tried it yet as her doctor said she should wait until she is 5 so I don't know if she likes it or not, but my wife doesn't eat it.

GB - what about cooked rolls? Eel, tempura shrimp, cucumber roll, asparagus roll, etc. I have found that the younger kids don't like soy sauce though.

I can't think of one thing that only I like, or only 1 of us likes here - mmmmm..... nope, nothing is coming to mind!

Back
Top Bottom