Specific Food you like but everyone else at home hates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goat cheese, fortunately Aidan can't get enough of it. dh doesn't like it but doesn't notice it when I sneak it into something I've cooked.

Cooked spinach. I love it in omelettes!

Eggs. dh only likes eggs if it has soooo many vegetables and cheese that you can't taste the eggs.

Fish! I love it. dh, no way!

Corned Beef. St Patrick's day is coming up. ho hum. I made it for dh last year and he said he liked it a lot. Now it's that time of year again and he's gone back to not liking it. Maybe I'll make it anyway. He can eat cheerios if he doesn't want any.

Corazon - my husband doesn't eat corned beef either, but I adore it. So what I do every St. Pat's Day is to make a corned beef for myself (the leftovers enable me to have my Reuben fix - lol!!), & at the same time I make turkey kielbasa for the husband. We both have the same sides - potatoes, carrots, turnips, & butter-sauteed cabbage.

Mushrooms (well except for morels).

Canned Tuna...reminds me of my childhood when mom and I would eat a can with crackers.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Barb L. said:
Hey Folks ! I think we need a virtual - Liver n onions night !!! :LOL:

Can we have the liver floured and fried and with some crispy bacon as well as the onion, with cabbage and swede as vegs? If so, count me in. I'll need to charge up the old broom stick again to cross the ocean:)

Fish kedgeree and rice pudding are 2 things I love which DH doesn't like. I treat myself to them when he's out at one of his monthly meetings.

Not both on the same evening! too much rice!:)

PytnPlace, I also love Bol and chip sangas, when I was younger, like 20 years ago, maybe more, I had a thing for chips and chocolate sangas, they were soooooo YUMMY, I havent had them in so long, my son wouldnt even know what they are, I will have to try them again one day, Im glad Im not the only one with wierd tastes.

Tuna Steak, I love it and the kids don't mind; however, Brandi thinks this is gross. She still thinks of the can when I say Tuna..... The good news is that everyone that i make it for loves it, so if we have any guest I can get away with it :)

Most fish... most vegetables...anything spicy.... and oh yeah... onions are the devil.

My fiance' is so picky that I really have no choice besides cooking 2 meals sometimes. The only vegetables she'll eat are potatoes and broccoli, she only likes salmon, and its best if its cooked with asian flavors.

When she requests pasta that means she wants thin spaghetti tossed with some butter and canned parmesan.

I'm able to cook for both of us becaus she likes her food very simple. For instance, some days she simply craves ground beef. Plain. Not served with anything, and barely seasoned. Just. Plain. Ground. Beef.

I imagine this is what its like to cook for a child who is scared of food....

If you are into food like I am sure most of the people here are, I would really look at her as a fiance'. that is like one of the golden rules... you must agree on Faith, Finance and Food... :) Work on that before the big day :)

Flightschool said:
If you are into food like I am sure most of the people here are, I would really look at her as a fiance'. that is like one of the golden rules... you must agree on Faith, Finance and Food... :) Work on that before the big day :)

Flightschool, your philosophy is interesting, and has validity. Let me suggest an addition...faith, family and friends. I think combining your three with the ones I've posed, relationships/marriages would have a running chance in today's climate.

Whatcha think? Hmmmm?:)

I really like your thoughts and I must admit that I have just passed the 10 year mark in are marriage. She was never in to food and we are still working on that point. I agree with the friends, and Family points, but I am sure this would not be a Fiance' if that was not the case.

With all that said, me and my wife broke every rule of how to stay together, so do what your heart says and it will all work out.

When we first got together, my wife ate lots of things that I couldn't. But as time and situations change, I've tried to at least try some of her food. Now ten years plus later, I eat everything she does. .....Except brussle sprouts.....

Yancey

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom