Spice Caravan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I peel the original labels off the Penzeys bags and they stick just fine to my little bottles and jars, no further printing needed!

Lookie there Andy. Your own thread. I had mine. Remember Hooters? Not one of my finest accomplishments in life. At least yours is more nourishing not only for the body but the soul. And JPB, he is gong there with the word "Restraint" in mind. You are not helping him. But I do understand. One can get carried away at just the thought of a trip to Penzy's. :angel:
I rationalize that the more I spend at Penzeys, the less I spend on Bushmills.

Last edited:
I showed great restraint. Only got one thing not on my list, the smoky seasoned salt. Ended up spending about $50.

Thanks for the thought, Steve. I do that. In fact, I bought some empties for just that reason.

i can see some bright young salaesman at penzeys labelling the empty bottles as mixed malabar and telicherry sunshine, herbs du atmosphora, and himalayan pink sea breeze.

they could get 3x as much for them.

Well, I did take a moment to chat with the two lovely ladies who were running the place. and I may have sowed down to open a jar or two for a quick sniff.

But I was still out of there in a matter of minutes.

Well, I did take a moment to chat with the two lovely ladies who were running the place. and I may have sowed down to open a jar or two for a quick sniff.

But I was still out of there in a matter of minutes.

One of those kamikaze shoppers...:rolleyes:

I'm sure I'd be the same way on a return trip Andy. The first time I spent more time (one hour) than money ($30) but now that I know what they have, and have sniffed my way through practically every jar on display, I could go in with a list, toss what I want into a basket, and get out in way under an hour next time.

I'm sure I'd be the same way on a return trip Andy. The first time I spent more time (one hour) than money ($30) but now that I know what they have, and have sniffed my way through practically every jar on display, I could go in with a list, toss what I want into a basket, and get out in way under an hour next time.

Another one...I can't even get out of a convenience store that fast...:ermm:

One of those kamikaze shoppers...:rolleyes:

Not a shopper, a buyer. I'm in and out quickly because I know what I want before I go out, focus on getting that then leaving because my mission was accomplished.

On the other hand, shopping is wandering around aimlessly looking at stuff and occasionally buying something. ;)

Each shopping experience is a potential purchasing trip...My Dad is slower than me...I would probably make you insane...:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom