Spicing up an already cooked curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burnt-toast

Assistant Cook
Hi. Me again. Same guy, new question !!
I'm afraid that's all you'll get from me. Questions ! [ But if you ever have a prob with your computer, I may be able to help.]

This times it's a curry I have made. I made the same one last week, and it was great. This time I couldn't find the curry paste [ Vindaloo] that I used last time, so I bought another one, and it really isn't very tasty.

My question arises from the fact that because I live alone [ How sad....My choice !!] when I cook, I cook enough for about 5 or six meals, and store the rest in the fridge or freezer. But because this one hasn't worked out so well, I either have to continue eating something that isn't so good for 5 nights, or do something about it.

Which is what I want to do. But what ?

If I can buy the right curry paste that I used before, [ Vindaloo], can I just tip everything back into the pan, add the new Vindaloo paste, and simmer it all again for 20 mins or so, [ which is what I'm thinking of doing ] or will that muck up the curry completely ?

If so, please tell me, as I'm sure the dogs [ border collies] will tell me it's OK !!
But they have different standards to me. Not that mine are great by normal standards, but pretty good by crappy standards.

So.....as ever.....any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers for now. Happy whatever.

BURNT-TOAST

Do you know what the ingredients in the vindaloo paste are? If so, I would start by adding some of those a little at a time until you like the flavor. Don't try to replicate the other vindaloo flavor - just go for something you like.

And you don't need to simmer it for a while. Once you're happy with the flavor, let it cool and then portion it into containers. Hope this helps.

You could try adding more of the curry. Also, make sure the salt is adequate. Salt will really bring out the flavor of a curry.

Back
Top Bottom