Spring is here, mateys! What you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
She just went back inside, but I'll work on it. :eek:

Come on Chris....go knock on the door!
Hey Nick, he'll finally get some use out of that new camera :)
Come on Finn go knockers on the door 8-[

Black Bess Rackham

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

On the original topic... We will be breaking in the new smoker and doing up a brisket or two and possibly a butt if I really feel like trying something new on Saturday. We have a party on Friday night, so I guess all might depend on how hung over I am.

Got my hands on a couple more freaky big overtrimmed briskets.

One of the briskets is going on with two pork butts prolly tomorrow ... the other is going to be cured for two weeks for Montreal Smoked Meat.

Got some brisket rub Bryan S sent me and gonna use Mr.Brown for the butts. I've tried a few other butt rub recipes but I just keep going back to that Mr.Brown.

Shawn White said:
Got my hands on a couple more freaky big overtrimmed briskets.

One of the briskets is going on with two pork butts prolly tomorrow ... the other is going to be cured for two weeks for Montreal Smoked Meat.

Got some brisket rub Bryan S sent me and gonna use Mr.Brown for the butts. I've tried a few other butt rub recipes but I just keep going back to that Mr.Brown.
What's Montreal smoked meat?

Seriously guys??

Montreal smoked meat is basically pastrami (cured) ... less or no sweetness. Smoked of course, strong taste of garlic, pepper & onion .. some corriander, bit of fennel.

It's usually served sliced, hot, on rye with lots of cheap yellow mustard and a sour dill pickle. When ordering you can specify lean, medium or fatty.

See Schwartz's Montreal website or Lester's Deli website

I'm not much of a fennel lover either but a bit with all the other flavors in this application seeme to work.

I wrote about and posted some pics of my first Montreal Smoked meat in this thread.

This time I'm going to do flavored dry cure instead.

Cappy if you like pastrami you'd probably like Montreal Smoked meat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom