Spring:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tweedee

Head Chef
Are there any signs of spring in your area yet?. When I went out the front door to go to work yesterday I just happened to notice that the lily bulbs planted in my front yard are starting to poke through the ground. 8) :D

Our daffodil leaves are up about 6 inches - but they never bloom 'cause the squirrels eat them too fast :twisted:

I bet bang does - When I lived in Vermont my boyfriend hunted squirrel - if his mother made it and I ate it he didn't tell me what it was. I would always make a noise so they would run away - he finally quit taking me :roll:

The flowering trees are blooming like crazy..achooo!
My Dogwood id budding out..just love that tree.

Every few days, the temps warm up just enough to melt most of the snow cover. Even the ground has thawed out somewhat. But, then we get some more snow and the process starts all over again.

I have noticed that some of my MIL's daffodils are starting to come up. Hopefully the Thaw is soon.

buckytom said:
the first sign here is always the crocus, but they're not up yet.
usually the first sign here is the vultures returning to hinkley park. every year on march 15th like clockwork, vultures are sighted flying back. people have even made it to be a small festival to celebrate. i never went though because it's usually still way to cold out for me lol

I have hyacinths peeking out of the ground, the buds on the trees have gotten a little bigger, and I heard birds for the first time yesterday. With 9 degree windchills today, though, it sure doesn't feel like spring is coming!

it was getting a little warmer here in PA and the snow was all gone, but yesterday the temp. just dropped and it started snowning for a little while all of a sudden.
the only signs of spring left now are the bagful of $300 worth of spring clothes i got earlier in the week in hopes of actually getting to wear them sometime soon and the memory of the spaghetti strap shirt i had on on Monday.
32.gif

Like Wasabi, we have flowers year around. It's the trees that I notice. They are so pretty when in full bloom as some are now.

The birds are always here and I told Paul the other day we need to claim them as dependents with feeders in the front and back yards.

middie said:
buckytom said:
the first sign here is always the crocus, but they're not up yet.
usually the first sign here is the vultures returning to hinkley park. every year on march 15th like clockwork, vultures are sighted flying back. people have even made it to be a small festival to celebrate. i never went though because it's usually still way to cold out for me lol

ummm, middie, do you live at 1313 mockingbird lane?
(anyone? anyone? beuller?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom