Springform Pan for pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ninjazz

Assistant Cook
First post, and I'm excited to join the community!:LOL:

I've been it a pizza making mood lately (thin crust, deep dish, grilled etc.) and have been experimenting a lot with some good success!

I've only made this pizza with a cast iron grill at this point and it turns out to be a tasty deep dish. From what I've been seeing online, some people seem to use a springform pan to create a taller/deeper layered pizza.

So for those who've made pizza with the springform, do I need to purchase a particular type of springform, or can I just use the one that I've made cheesecake with? Also, are there any pros/cons to the springform method versus the cast iron? My initial thought is that the springform definitely won't have the crust absorbing the oil from the pan as much... which means I probably won't be able to do a garlic infused crust as much...

Thanks in advance!

What a neat idea... We make pizza all the time. Hubby makes the crust and I do the sauce and toppings. I'll have to give this a try!

Welcome to the group and THANKS!!!

Thanks for your help! Time to test another deep dish pizza I guess! Oie!

I'll have to pass this on to my husband. I prefer New York style so I just make mine on a pizza pan, but Chris loves deep dish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom