Stainless Steel vs Non Stick (Circulon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DawnP

Assistant Cook
I am looking for some advice I currently have some stainless steel copper bottomed saucepans which are great apart from the handles which get really hot during use. I want to replace these due to the handles as fed up of forgetting and burning myself or having to use a towel/silicone grip. I have been looking at Stainless Steel Circulon Pans (non stick) but am unsure if I should stick with Stainless steel (Confused:wacko:)

I want to buy some good quality pans, is it possible to get SS pans with stay cool handles that can also go in the oven or should I go for Circulon? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you:chef:

Dawn, no one pan does everything. And any pan going in the oven is going to come out with hot handles.

You want durable pots and pans that spread the heat evenly. You will want some stick free pans for things like eggs that can stick easily.

But after that, you have to assess what works for you in your kitchen and with the way you cook.

Lots of folks here will make recommendations. Look at them and consider how they fit with how you cook in your kitchen.

Price is not the only consideration, but it may be an important one.
Is "buy American" important to you? Is "green" important to you. (A green pan may not be made by a green company.) etc

Don't be afraid to really shop the internet:

Smartbargains
Overstock.com
Chefs
Cooking.com
Metro Kitchen
JBPrince
Fantes

and if you live near enough to some, major kitchen and restaurant stores will give you hands on with many options.

enjoy the process.

Thank you for your advice, I have maaged to find a Catering supplier in the UK online and think I have made my decision. I have some Cast iron Casseroles and non-stick pans for eggs etc so looking at your advice have decided to stick with SS as am happy with their performance aside from the hot handles when being used on the hob. I have managed to find some with stay cool handles, they are from a French company (Bourgeat) and come without the expensive Le Creuset price tag

Thanks again :)

Dawn, no one pan does everything. And any pan going in the oven is going to come out with hot handles.

You want durable pots and pans that spread the heat evenly. You will want some stick free pans for things like eggs that can stick easily.

But after that, you have to assess what works for you in your kitchen and with the way you cook.

Lots of folks here will make recommendations. Look at them and consider how they fit with how you cook in your kitchen.

Price is not the only consideration, but it may be an important one.
Is "buy American" important to you? Is "green" important to you. (A green pan may not be made by a green company.) etc

Don't be afraid to really shop the internet:

Smartbargains
Overstock.com
Chefs
Cooking.com
Metro Kitchen
JBPrince
Fantes

and if you live near enough to some, major kitchen and restaurant stores will give you hands on with many options.

enjoy the process.
+1. Good answer! Cookware is a very personal thing...

Back
Top Bottom