Start 'em young...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wittdogs B

Senior Cook
Well, I was going out to do some errands with the dynamic duo (usually hubby does that but I am off for the summer, so he gets a bit of a break too) and hubby says to pick up a grill for our jr. pitmaster. so we get to the store and I tell my four year old that we have to look for something daddy said to get. We get over by the grills and there are those little 14" table top grills and I said, "what do you think? Is this about you-sized". His little face lit up and he said, "A real life pit for me? Do I get to use real charcoal and real wood? Can I cook real life pig?"

Here are pics of him and daddy putting it together:

Here’s a pic from his first cook:

And of course, what good is grilling without (root) beer?

Life is good.... :grin:

Any day we'll be seeing....wittdogsJR posting on the BBQ4U forum. Good looking dogs there young man!!!!!

Great pics. That kid probably has cooked more than my wife has. She has other dutys that are more important so I do the cooking around here.

You need to frame that last pic. Too cute.

I hope to have my two girls well versed in Q, fishing and how to shoot a gun ( just in case some boys come around). Good looking pics wittdog.

He was really excited about the grill and wanting to cook on it. What you can’t tell by the pics is just how intense he was while cooking you would have thought that he was cooking at the Jack Daniels Invitational…….he wanted to put some wood chips on and I got some for him, he dropped then on the coals and then told the Mrs. We have to wait until the wood burns down……..

wittdog said:
He was really excited about the grill and wanting to cook on it. What you can’t tell by the pics is just how intense he was while cooking you would have thought that he was cooking at the Jack Daniels Invitational…….he wanted to put some wood chips on and I got some for him, he dropped then on the coals and then told the Mrs. We have to wait until the wood burns down……..

I could see that right away :grin:

The real cool and funny thing about it was when we were at the store and Wittdogs son said " Mr., George I need a cover for my grill" I was fascinated just watching the boys check out the grills in the store also. Great kids! As I said before, That boy is going to be a pit master by the time he's ten! :grin:

So cute. Almost makes me think the little devils (kids) aren't so bad and I might actually have one of them one day. But then I think about my husband's cousin's child that his parents keep and I think never. We kid around about that child being the best form of birth control!! My MIL started pestering us about 7 years ago about having kids. Thankfully, she has given up now.

Very cute pics though!

I really enjoyed those pics. I was laughing at the one with him sitting hin the chair and my kids came over to see what was so funny. Now my almost 7 yr old has put in for a grill of his own but he said I don't need to get him the root beer. LOL

I can just picture him in front of the grill all serious...Tell him that he'll need to make a plate to pass for our next get together !!

john pen said:
I can just picture him in front of the grill all serious...Tell him that he'll need to make a plate to pass for our next get together !!
I don't think that I could stop him....He's already talking about taking his grill to the 4th of July picnic.....Maybe we'll put him to work doing the Italian Smores. :grin:

allisonandrews said:
So cute. Almost makes me think the little devils (kids) aren't so bad and I might actually have one of them one day. But then I think about my husband's cousin's child that his parents keep and I think never. We kid around about that child being the best form of birth control!! My MIL started pestering us about 7 years ago about having kids. Thankfully, she has given up now.

Very cute pics though!
Most days the boys are my kids but some days that are my wifes children... :razz:

I really enjoyed those pics. I was laughing at the one with him sitting hin the chair and my kids came over to see what was so funny. Now my almost 7 yr old has put in for a grill of his own but he said I don't need to get him the root beer. LOL
Mine had to have the rootbeer......I don't understand why :)
Both my boys also know the Polish and German toasts, and will probably pick up the Eytalian one if John Pen can put his beer down long enough to teach them. :razz:

ok Wittdog, now youre costing me money...my 2 saw your boy and his grill and decided thats just what they needed, it was too cool...so off to HD to pick one up, then some ground chuck so they can cook the burgers tonight. Their moms gonna love it...or kill me. :grin:

so tell your lil trendsetter he's started something now

Back
Top Bottom