Steak poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOW do you like your steak cooked?

• almost rare

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • medium rare

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • medium done

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • well done

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm another of those "somewhere between rare and medium rare. I want it hot, but red in color. I tolerate pink, and can even eat it well done. But if it's a steak, my choice is hot and red, with lots of grilled flavor, some saltiness, and jsut a touch of either A1 Steak sauce (peppery and good), or coarse grind black pepper. And my favorite cut is bone-in rib steak, about the third one back from the chuck, and of coarse it must be corn-fed, and preferably, aged.

That is my ideal.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Some place between rare and medium rare. It must (!!!) have a redish pink centre and juices that still ooze with blood (morbid as that sounds, in a way). I love the softenss of a rare to medium rare steak, its texture seems to almost melt in your mouth if cooked with care (a good cut of beef to begin with helps a lot too). The same goes for my taste in roast beef and lamb, I even like my dust breasts a little on the pink side.

One story that always sticks in my mind when this subject comes up is a time when I was a young waitress and a group of Australian travelers all ordered steak. As I went round the table to ask how they'd like their steak cooked one gentleman replied "still on the hoof", which I in turn wrote down as "blue". He got what he asked for and was very pleased with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom