Steak poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOW do you like your steak cooked?

• almost rare

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • medium rare

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • medium done

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • well done

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use to just love it rare, then I got married, still like rare, had kids, still rare, kid got big enough to want a pet, so he and daddy got him one, MOooooo we now had this calf that grew into a giant Holestien, now meat med rare, and it better not mooooo.

kadesma:LOL:

I'm confused.
Why do you give the least cooked as "almost rare".

Please do not forget that there are lots of folks - including myself - who like a well and truly rare steak.
"Almost rare" isn't good enough.

I suggest you change your poll question to make it more valid.

I'll give you a f'rinstance.
I love fine wine. If I had a fine cut of beef, let's say a fillet roast or a tournedos to panfry, I would consider it a crime to serve it other than rare.

Not "almost rare".

Bet regards,
Alex R.

I'm real picky. I like it just passed rare, but less than medium rare. Go figure...

There are exceptions....

I like a hot pink center. Chefs vary in their interpretation of doneness. I like a hot pink center, no blood. I will not eat a steak swimming in blood. Not until I got a Webber, could I produce a juicy steak with a hot pink center, no blood.

Med rare for me. There was a time in my life when any red would gross me out, but thankfully I got over that. There was also a time when the thought of raw fish made me want to :sick: , but now that is a favorite of mine.

I chose medium rare, mainly because medium wasn't an option. Frankly, I like it somewhere in between med rare and med. I'll tolerate medium or above slightly, but I don't care for hockey pucks.

Med-rare to medium here. I like a lot of juices, and I don't mind blood. I am a carnivore, but not to the point that rare or black-and-bleu is my thing, at least, not yet :devilish:

Medium-rare all the way.....a couple of nights ago my bro grilled up some steaks, and they were "almost rare". I couldn't eat the center part because the collagen hadn't even had a chance to break down yet, very disappointing.:(

ronjohn55 said:
I want a good vet to have it back on it's feet in 15 minutes!

:mrgreen:

John

lol, that's the ticket.

a buddy always orders his steaks "knock th horns off, wipe it's butt and plate the sucker".

for me, it depends on the cut, but i'm a rare to medium rare guy, with almost all meats. i used to drink the blood from the packages of meat when i was a kid, so anything more than medium tastes like tanned leather to me.

btw, irishmen are famous for ordering shoe leather steaks, extra well done. i cried (in my beer :) ) every time we went out forn dinner and they'd order it that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom