Stoker Temp Control wires and adaptors Part No's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wboggs said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Your just the little McGyver there sir.
Some may twist my words of this being a hobby for 6 years (7 now) but I spend more time cooking, researching and experimenting that probably any of you do at your jobs. I'm retired, it gives me something to do. And besides, my neighbors just love my experiments.

Hell, wish I was your neighbor. Thanks for sharing the info with us.

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--2358

or see if your local music store carries a brand like Hosa or Rapco. They are the mass manufacturers of the industry. you will find that the lower end gold plated cables tarnish pretty fast making for a poor connection over time. get em cheap since you will be replacing them over time. or if your handy at all with a soldering iron get the parts and make them, its not near as hard as you think. not knocking rat shack, just offering another alternative

its usually such a thin layer in plating on those plugs that it oxidizes or tarnishes. if you ever run across de-oxit it works great for cleaning up connections, its kinda pricey but it only takes a tiny bit

wboggs said:
cflatt said:
its usually such a thin layer in plating on those plugs that it oxidizes or tarnishes. if you ever run across de-oxit it works great for cleaning up connections, its kinda pricey but it only takes a tiny bit
Well back to the gold never oxidizes; a thick layer isn't needed, I have gold connections for over 20 years that are like the day I bought them because they have any amount of gold covering them, so long as they are covered.

It appears that you think gold never oxidizes unless it's thin; gold doesn't oxidize no matter how thin it is. It simply doesn't oxidize period. Perhaps you're thinking about so other costume jewelry with a fake coating or something but gold DOES NOT OXIDIZE, PERIOD.

Believe what you want but please dont mislead the people here, these are good quality, gold plated connectors. And they're not cheap.

And a word of caution to those who might choose to try and save a couple of bucks; the plugs of Stoker attachments are mini computers in themselves. There's a good chance, if you aren't sure what you're doing (meaning how that plug interacts with the computers) that you will blow, at 30.00 per plug, all your plugs to save how much?

So please take if from someone who has experience with and understands the Stoker equipment and take my suggestion. It could save you hundreds of dollars worth of probes. So often when someone comes up with sound advice with experience behind it, someone else feels that without knowing anything about what they are really talking about has a better idea and tries to discredit the one who knows. More and more I find this true on this board; you need to me vary mindful of who you take advice from. It could hurt you in the end.

perhaps you should read again. I think your general negative attitude makes you think everything is an attack. All I did was offer another suggestion. And yes I understand that the gold does not tarnish but the thin layer put on the cheaper connectors (and yes the rat shack ones are cheap) the plating wears out and you are left with metal that does oxidize. a local call to any professional grade studio will back that up. you may completely understand the stoker but please dont challenge my experience (or others on here for that matter) on a subject when you know nothing about any of us other than your own judgements.

I think if you read my original post you will see that it was never my intention to stir up a thing, only to add another suggestion. Again I will say that you are probably quite versed in the use of your Stoker and I apllaud your passion for wanting things your way. But on the other side, you have no idea of my credentials or what I do day in and day out, so I am sure that gives you reasonable doubt. but perhaps you should ask before you accuse. With that I am done. This is as muddy as I want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom