Strangest food you ever ate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ate frog's legs too at a place in N'awlens. Talk about visually off-putting! It really does taste like chicken, tho. :roll: Also had a crab cake that had a whole softshell crab in it. That was, um, interesting. Had a relative that made something called "Chocolate Beef." Beef chunks cooked in blood! Thanks, but I'll take McDonalds any day! :LOL:

Antelope and Emu. I hope to eat some more adventurous things though. I just have not had the opportunity yet.

DampCharcoal said:
I ate frog's legs too at a place in N'awlens. Talk about visually off-putting! It really does taste like chicken, tho. :roll: Also had a crab cake that had a whole softshell crab in it. That was, um, interesting. Had a relative that made something called "Chocolate Beef." Beef chunks cooked in blood! Thanks, but I'll take McDonalds any day! :LOL:

We eat the same thing here, we call it chocolate meat. It's a Filipino dish.

I can't come up with anything either. I wish I were a more daring eater but tend to be too hesitant. 1 too many experiences with food poisoning, I guess.

During the Vietnam War I was introduced to dog,cat,and snake. All of them are to lean for my taste. I love escargo and frog legs. Way better than chicken. I think Muskrat and Beaver are terrific.

My husbands family is Greek and so I've been lucky enough to visit there three times now. We still own the house that his mom was born in... last time we went to visit we walked into the neighbors kitchen and sitting on the cupboard were two goat heads, skinned but, the eyes and toung were still attached. Stella, our Greek yaya made soup out of it. She added the ears and the brain too. Paulie and I each tried one bite but, that was about all that we could handle. ICK!! Stella and her two girls are wonderful cooks and everything else we've ever eaten at any their houses was perfect.. but, this was just horrid.

That being said.. I love the rest of the goat meat. Lamb and goat heart is really good if cooked properly.

Try these.

BREADED SNAIL APPETIZERS
A tasty snack for the escargot lover!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS:
Batter:
1 egg
1 C water
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
PREPARATION:
•Beat egg & water well; add flour & beat until smooth. Cover & set aside for at least 1 hour.

1 tb olive oil
1 1/2 C marinara sauce
24 fresh snails
oil for deep frying
•Heat saute pan & add olive oil, marinara sauce & snails. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until mix thickens remove from heat.
•Heat oil to 375. Divide batter in half. Take 1 snail at a time from sauce, allowing some sauce to cling. Place in batter to coat, then deep fry until golden brown. Remove & pat dry and dip into other bowl of batter; repeat frying. Drain and serve.

This sounds great! Thanks for posting the recipe.

I've never seen snails for sale thought.. Might just have to take a trip to France to pick up a few dozen. Any one want to join me?

Ooh! Me! Me! Je parle Francais un peu! Uhh, um... Ou est l'autobus? Je voudrais une tass de cafe avec fromage, s'il vous plait! Wait, that sounded dumb. Nevermind. :roll:

Voulez-vous concher avec moi, ce soir.

From the song Lady Marmalade...what does it mean? If it is R-rated, pm me.

I think "strange" has to be relative to what you grew up eating. I never thought frog's legs, fried rattlesnake, tongue, brains, pigs feet were strange. Escargot was just an adventure. But, pdswife1 did remind me of my most "exotic" food experience .... grilled goat's eyeball, lung, and warm raw liver.

I'll pass on dog, cat, and rat for as long as possible ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom