Strawberry Pound Cake? Impossible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soul_scorpio7

Assistant Cook
Ok it's impossible to find a recipe for strawberry poundcake that is not from scratch or involving cream or yogurt. I have the box of mix and some strawberry gel now how on earth do i get this done? my boyfriends birthday is in one week and i want to suprise him, its his favorite. please help me. :) :D :LOL: :?: :?: :?: :?:

STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE

1 pkg. Duncan Hines cake mix, yellow or strawberry
1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry jello
3/4 c. Wesson oil
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
4 eggs
2 tbsp. flour
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed and sweetened
May use fresh strawberries, cut up.

Combine cake mix, jello, oil, nuts, eggs, flour, and strawberries in large bowl.
Beat with mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes.

Pour batter into greased and floured tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.
Let cake cool.

Icing:
1 box powdered sugar
3/4 stick butter
1/3 c. strawberries
Beat in mixer until smooth and spread on cake.

Good Luck!

Strawberry Pound Cake
Butter, for pan
Granulated sugar, for pan
1 c Butter, softened
2 c Sugar
4 Eggs
1 ts Vanilla
3 c Flour
1/2 ts Salt
1 ts Baking powder
2 c Strawberries, chopped (can also use other berries - blueberries, raspberries, cherries, etc)
1 c Strawberry preserves
1/4 c Sugar

Preheat oven to 325F
Prepare 10 in tube pan by buttering and then sprinkling with sugar. Rotate pan so that all aurfaces are sugared.
1.Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
2.Sift 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.
3.Dredge berries in remaining 1 c flour. Fold berry mixture gently into creamed mixture.
4.Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack, but glaze while still warm so glaze runs down the sides.
Glaze:
1.Melt preserves and sugar together over low heat. Pour over warm cake and let drip down the sides.

Back
Top Bottom