Sugar Glaze For Chocolate Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Looking for a glaze that's I think made of sugar, not sure what else that's easily brushed onto a pie.
Before or after it's cooked? I'm not sure.

Thank you
Munky.

are you looking for something to just give a shine?

If so, apple jelly or apricot jam melted for a few seconds in the microwave can do that, I have used the melted apricot jam brushed onto fresh fruit tarts. It can be used on pastry too.

Hostess " Cup Cake and Fruit Pies" might still make these. Not sure about that. It was a glaze that they put on the outside. Looked kind of like a glazed doughnut. Hope you know what I mean. Not sure if it was put on before or after.

I'm working on a Cooked Chocolate pie recipe.
Cheating like crazy. Using the Jello Cooked Chocolate.

I like your idea for the fruit pies and will give it a definite try for the Apple pies. Have a feeling my bright idea might end up down the disposal :shock:

Munky.

Hostess " Cup Cake and Fruit Pies" might still make these. Not sure about that. It was a glaze that they put on the outside. Looked kind of like a glazed doughnut. Hope you know what I mean. Not sure if it was put on before or after.

I'm working on a Cooked Chocolate pie recipe.
Cheating like crazy. Using the Jello Cooked Chocolate.

I like your idea for the fruit pies and will give it a definite try for the Apple pies. Have a feeling my bright idea might end up down the disposal :shock:

Munky.

Sounds like the glaze made with confectioner's sugar. There should be directions on the package.

You're welcome. I just remember my Mom making it. It was real simple as I recall.

Just find a glaze for glazed donuts. Add it after baking but still a bit warm, it will adhere better if a little warm.

I know what you are talking about now, and it is indeed a confectioners sugar glaze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom