Sunday 20 January dinner, it's freezing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold here too, it's zero right now. Dinner is a beef sirloin steak cooked in pasta (red) sauce, and making large pasta shells on the side, and garlic bread.

It's done nothing but rain here in England. I've got a pit of chili on the hob bubbling away, just settled down with my a beer to watch the NFL playoffs.

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean...... but that sounds so good the way you say it :cool:
I wish I had a hob... maybe I do :LOL:

Snowy and cloudy day here. I won't say that it is cold because 32 degrees F. is warm in comparison to the temps. others have mentioned. But still a good day for a pot of soup. Yesterday, the grocery store had smoked ham hocks on sale. So, I bought a couple to make beans soup. I soaked the beans last night and this morning, put the beans, ham hocks, celery, onions, broth, and garlic in the crockpot. Shortly I will be adding some dried thyme and black pepper for seasoning.

I shouldn't complain either we don't have snow & negative temperatures but it is really cold & windy for Mexico. It's not very often we have to wear sweaters, pants & jackets. I dread the golf cart ride...no heat either...:LOL:

Tonight, we are going to my father-in-law's house, they are out of town. We are going to enjoy satellite tv & have burgers with cheddar, bacon, onions, tomatoes, lettuce & avocado with fries. I don't know what I'm more excited about tv or burgers...both are treats down here. :)

yuck, dinner time again.

sure wish i would start feeling better. nothing appeals to me. made a nice breakfast, busquit, egg sausage. could only eat about half. have several things in freezer that are quick. will pick one.

babe

Well, for some reason the "oven healing gods" came to visit me. I turned the oven on later this morning and it came right on. So we did have biscuits for breakfast.

Tonight's pastitsio is on and things are smelling great. Soooo yummy.

I'm almost tempted to leave the oven on at the lowest temp all night so I can bake English muffins tomorrow. I did make 2 loaves of toasting bread this afternoon as planned.

Any body wans to invite me for diner? I just got home from wrk and there is nothing to eat. DW was home all day, figures. The freezer is fool of all kind of cooked stuff, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We had change in plans for desert for tonight, the kids just weren't going to settle for cottage cheese and peaches, so we dug up an old recipe for upside down pineapple cake made in a large iron skillet.
Basically just saute up some butter and brown sugar, then add pineapple chunks until carmelized and remove from heat. Add yellow cake mix and pop into the oven to bake according to the yellow cake recipe.
Only uses a bowl and an iron skillet, easy and good!

Olivia's 2nd. birthday today so we partied...:LOL: Had appies, pizza, cake, ice cream, cookies popcorn all the good stuff..What fun to be with my little guys..Couldn't pick them up but, got lots of hugs,and kisses and snuggles.. Emmm little ones:)

kadesma

happy birthday Olivia! Goodness, how time flies!

We had something new tonight. It was baked tortellini with a Boursin cheese sauce. I sauterd some mushrooms and spinach to mix in with the sauce. There was a bread crumb and pine nut topping. We had a salad with it. Very tasty.

Happy Birthday Olivia!!!!! 2 already???? No way!

...and sorry Charlie - I'd send you something over but I'd say you've eaten by now!

I had crayfish with fresh bread, Edam cheese, balsamic pickled onions, pickled ginger, baby roma tomatoes, and seafood dressing. Quite filling and very yummy. About half-way through my meal, my very old cat decided she would deign to sit next to me while I ate and thus empowered herself to be indulged in being hand-fed a few crayfish legs, until she could eat no more!!!!

I ended up grilling some brats. It was bitterly cold and windy, but the grill worked just fine and it's not like I had to stand there watching them cook the whole time. No buns, so I had them on thick slices of homemade bread with roasted garlic, mayo and spicy mustard. Frozen raviolis, jar sauce, jazzed up green beans, salad, and beer...... perfect football food ;) Everything practically makes itself.

I picked up a chicken from the market and turned it into an Asian style pizza. Hoisin, scallions, shredded cheese (light on the cheese) and topped with shredded greens mixed with red chili sauce. Oreos (which I also grabbed at the store)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom