Sunday 4/16/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are having a grand slam time with you new toy, your Instant Pot. And the food that is coming from it looks so delicious and fantastic!

No wonder there is a waiting list for this new appliance. I just don't have the room for any more toys. Otherwise there would be one in my home also.

Great sounding and great looking meals.

I made the pot o' pig I was going to make a few days ago. Served it with rødkål (Danish red cabbage) and potatoes. That was enough effort for me while recuperating from a migraine. The rødkål and potatoes just needed nuking. I asked Stirling to do that.

The ribs, cole slaw and baked beans turned out great. I was running out of time to make a barbecue sauce, so I mixed a bunch of ingredients together and it was delicious. DH also got a pineapple, so we grilled a couple slices while he finished the ribs. So good.

The lemon curd tart was not bad! DH loved it. It was a little thin, without cornstarch, but I was able to get it to the plates in one piece!
0416171840_HDR.jpg
0416171854_HDR.jpg0416172202a_HDR.jpg0416172206b_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
It was a quiet one in this house. Here in the Fingers Lakes of NY. Catching nice days we took advantage of it.
The grandchildren were down in Nags hag N Carolina for vacation, so just hubbie and me. He didn't want a big dinner, wanted to play it by ear. I did some yard work in the morning and noon time we made some ham & cheese sammys, packed up some cole slaw and macaroni salad that I made night before just to have a side dish ready. Hopped in the vehicle and took off. We ended up at a nearby lake that was holding an event and sat watched that and had our picnic lunch/supper. Then on the way home we stopped and had an ice sundae. Gorgeous day !

The ribs, cole slaw and baked beans turned out great. I was running out of time to make a barbecue sauce, so I mixed a bunch of ingredients together and it was delicious. DH also got a pineapple, so we grilled a couple slices while he finished the ribs. So good.

The lemon curd tart was not bad! DH loved it. It was a little thin, without cornstarch, but I was able to get it to the plates in one piece!
View attachment 26687
View attachment 26688View attachment 26689View attachment 26690
Very nice meal!

Rolled lamb roast marinated in lemon, garlic, dill
honey-baked ham
steamed asparagus
Hasselback potatoes
roasted radish-roasted beet salad with feta (dressed with a lemon-EVOO-dill dressing)
tossed salad with ranch dressing
desserts--dutch apple pie with salted caramel sauce, whipped cream, french silk pie, Grandma's orange cake

Back
Top Bottom