Sunday 6/5 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What's cooking everybody?

I'm starting a Confetti Soup using the thyme infused liquid from boiling potatoes and onions. I used beef bullion for salt. The thyme and beef broth is really rich tasting.

I added some water to cover 5 country style ribs (still frozen) and added a bunch of the Klondike Rose potatoes cut in half.

When the potatoes are done, I'll remove them and freeze half. The same with the CS ribs. :chef:

Not sure here. We're going to a huge 50th anniversary bash for Glenn's best friends, which is supposed to be a food-filled event. It's from 2 to 5 p.m., so if we eat enough there we probably won't need much more than a light salad at home...or not.

Chicken on the grill. Maybe Jerk, or brined, or.....not sure yet..there is this recipe that I discovered on Youtube which was done by the BBQ Pit Boys. You marinate the chicken in equal parts apple cidre vinegar, veg oil and an egg. It really turns out good. I have used it a few times.

Last edited:
I just tried out that meat slicer I bought a couple months ago on the heel of a Smith's ham. I sliced some steaks for the freezer and shaved some thin ham for sandwiches. Two mounds of that shaved ham went onto a couple kaiser rolls with two slices of American cheese on each. Then I wrapped them in foil and put them into the toaster oven until the ham was warmed through, the cheese melted and the rolls started getting crusty. That's what's been cookin' so far.
I pulled a couple salmon patties out of the freezer, but not sure if they will be tonight's dinner or not.

Well I got the zucchini muffins done. Put half in freezer. Made whip topping is in freezer. Later on making meatloaf, creamy butter mash cheered potatoes with corn. Desert: apple crisp with that whip topping for me & kids. And Choc chip cookie Brownie for husband.

Ma's Sunday today we will have a brisket, baked beans, sour dough rolls, strawberry salad starter will be crostini with a mushroom topping and the kids love strawberry bruschetta or grilled fruit on the bread. That's are menu. hope it works out. This is my first brisket
kades:)

I'm going to try a small smoking experiment on my Weber kettle. I've rubbed some thick cut pork sirloins and will try smoking them with hickory chips later this afternoon.

I think the hard part will be attaining the right temp and maintaining it for the duration.

We'll have some mac salad and a tossed salad to go along with it.

Its dance recital day today. That means I need to leave something in the oven while we are there. I'm planning a standing rib roast and oven roasted potatoes. I'll whip up a salad when we get home and toss some veggies in the microwave at the last minute. No clue on dessert. Likely ice cream unless I get inspired to bake soon.

DH is gone to a car show with another couple, thought I would ask them to stay for dinner, when they return. I'm thinking a chicken on the Weber. I'd like to try brining, but have to check some recipes for time involved. Maybe Potato salad, and corn on the cob, would like to grill the corn but never have good luck with grilling corn. Any suggestions from you grilling pros?

I just tried out that meat slicer I bought a couple months ago on the heel of a Smith's ham. I sliced some steaks for the freezer and shaved some thin ham for sandwiches. Two mounds of that shaved ham went onto a couple kaiser rolls with two slices of American cheese on each. Then I wrapped them in foil and put them into the toaster oven until the ham was warmed through, the cheese melted and the rolls started getting crusty. That's what's been cookin' so far.
I pulled a couple salmon patties out of the freezer, but not sure if they will be tonight's dinner or not.

The only time I have ever heard of a baked ham and cheese sandwich was at a place called the Goose's Roost in Niagara Falls.

They are mighty tasty:pig:

The only time I have ever heard of a baked ham and cheese sandwich was at a place called the Goose's Roost in Niagara Falls.

They are mighty tasty:pig:

Don't they have an Arby's in Mount Pilot? :)
Hot ham and cheese was always my favorite sandwich from there. And there was a club my family used to belong to, a German club, that had fantastic Bavarian ham piled high on kaiser rolls with cheese melted on top. mmmm... I might need to go make another. :chef:

What is wavy gravy?

Don't they have an Arby's in Mount Pilot? :)
Hot ham and cheese was always my favorite sandwich from there. And there was a club my family used to belong to, a German club, that had fantastic Bavarian ham piled high on kaiser rolls with cheese melted on top. mmmm... I might need to go make another. :chef:

What is wavy gravy?

I avoid Arby's because the "meat" they serve makes me nervous.

Wavy Gravy is an old hippy, head of the Hog Farm, that came to the attention of the world during Woodstock.

It is just a name we use for gravy in our house.

Chuck burgers with a glop of blue cheese in the middle on the grill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom