Sunday Dinner 10/15/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm marinading some pork tenderloin to throw on the grill tonight. Sides are still up in the air.

CD

I bought a rather small chuck roast (about 2 lb), and when I set it near the dutch oven on the counter, I was afraid it might get lost in there (echo echo echo). I cut it up and am making beef stew along with the veggies that were to go along with the pot roast. I am going to make a pan of malto meal muffins too.

Same thing as yesterday, since I enjoyed it so much. :) A slice of meat loaf and roasted asparagus. Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

(Will a mod please move this thread to "Today's Menu"? It's spiking my OCD being in Off Topic Discussions. :ermm::LOL:)

Stuffed hatch chiles, cumin rice, and black beans. Stuffing is ground pork, cumin, cayenne, garlic and onion powders, and paprika, with some chopped roasted hatch chiles. Chihuahua cheese on top, with some yogurt, cilantro, lime juice crema type garnish. I haven't tasted the finished dish yet, but the stuffing was pretty spicy even using the medium hatches.

Attachments

• 2017-10-15 18.39.51.jpg
    2017-10-15 18.39.51.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 161
I'm dicing up some shrimp to put in Rice-a-Roni fried rice, along with some extra celery and toasted almonds, and crunchy Chinese noodles on top for tonight.

I just finished cutting the celery up and will go in to start the vermillion and toast the almonds in a couple minutes. After that I'll shell and cut up the shrimp which is still thawing. My back is just aggravating me something awful today, so I'm doing things in shifts.

DH did the shopping this week and I asked him to get a pork loin roast, which was on sale. Psych! It's actually three pork sirloin chops held together in a net bag. Darn marketers.

I was planning to make kebabs with it, but these aren't suitable for that, so I went to Plan B: pork ragu in the Instant Pot over capatelli. I also baked a couple of loaves of no-knead baguettes.

The onions, garlic, tomato sauce and red pepper the pork was cooked in will serve as our veggie tonight. I'm exhausted.

I had popcorn and DH had leftovers. We went to Mellow Mushroom after church today to celebrate my DIL's baptism. She had not grown up in the church but began attending with our son after they married. I blew nearly all my calorie limit on the pizza at lunch!

I finally found ground Veal up here in Cowboy-ville!
So this afternoon I made a batch of Meatballs, 3lbs. worth,

006.JPG
[file photo, but drool-worthy none the least ;)]

and will make a smallish dish of Meatball Parmesan with
some Rigatoni for DH

artisian bread.jpg

and this gorgeous Artisinal Bread
from this home-based bakery over in Cottonwood, delish!
(We have a Cottage-food Law in AZ, we can make some stuff at home to sell)
I'm not having pasta, just bread! Watching my carbs for
a coupla more weeks before we go see our doc's down south.
I also saved some calories so I can have wine with Sunday Dinner!

red wine.jpg

Dinner was - Sharp cheddar and Swiss cheese Fondue (made in my Instant Pot)

Dippers:
Pane Di Casa bread - cut into bite-sized pieces
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Baby carrots
Gala Apple wedges

Last edited:
My pork tenderloin grilled up very nicely. Moist and tender, with just a hint of pink left in the meat. I decided on some mashed potatoes (skin on) with garlic and chives, and some broccoli for sides.

CD

Attachments

• PorkT-10-16-17.jpg
    PorkT-10-16-17.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 146
We went up to the Big Flatbrook to do some trout and bass fishing today, so on the way home we stopped in a glorified pizza place for dinner.

We started with salads and shared a fried calamari, then my boy had chicken parm and pisketti, DW had chicken Florentine and ziti.

I had pasta fagiole soup (their spelling), and mussels marinara. The mussels were good, but the soup was horrible. It was just their tomato sauce thinned down with water with some leftover pasta and uncooked canned beans dumped in.

Next time, no soup for you!

DH did the shopping this week and I asked him to get a pork loin roast, which was on sale. Psych! It's actually three pork sirloin chops held together in a net bag. Darn marketers...
Did the ad have tiny print, GG? I don't know how they could advertise "pork loin roast" and sell you low-end chops. Or...did your dear honey pick up the wrong thing? :whistling *runs and hides*

Nice looking and sounding meals. CD, that is some fine looking gravy for a tenderloin done on the grill. :yum:

I had some tired mushrooms that needed to be used up. Made a big omelet (5 eggs total) to share. It was like "ordering" a pizza with split toppings! We had mushrooms all the way around, then Himself's side had chopped ham and American cheese. My side had fresh baby spinach and Swiss cheese. We each had a broiled tomato topped with shredded Parm, and half of a baked apple. I had saved two pieced of the overnight French toast casserole for a moment like this, so they each got their own bowl so we could put syrup on them and not have it run into the rest of the food.

Attachments

• 20171015_220431.jpg
    20171015_220431.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom