Sunday Dinner 10/15/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did the ad have tiny print, GG? I don't know how they could advertise "pork loin roast" and sell you low-end chops. Or...did your dear honey pick up the wrong thing? :whistling *runs and hides*
27696-albums1090-picture7036.gif
27696-albums1090-picture7065.gif

I had some tired mushrooms that needed to be used up. Made a big omelet (5 eggs total) to share. It was like "ordering" a pizza with split toppings! We had mushrooms all the way around, then Himself's side had chopped ham and American cheese. My side had fresh baby spinach and Swiss cheese. We each had a broiled tomato topped with shredded Parm, and half of a baked apple. I had saved two pieced of the overnight French toast casserole for a moment like this, so they each got their own bowl so we could put syrup on them and not have it run into the rest of the food.

That ALL sounds and looks wonderful. I love broiled stuffed tomato.

DH did the shopping this week and I asked him to get a pork loin roast, which was on sale. Psych! It's actually three pork sirloin chops held together in a net bag. Darn marketers.

I was planning to make kebabs with it, but these aren't suitable for that, so I went to Plan B: pork ragu in the Instant Pot over capatelli. I also baked a couple of loaves of no-knead baguettes.

The onions, garlic, tomato sauce and red pepper the pork was cooked in will serve as our veggie tonight. I'm exhausted.
Pork ragu over cavatappi pasta with homemade baguette. Yum.
1015172038a.jpg

Did the ad have tiny print, GG? I don't know how they could advertise "pork loin roast" and sell you low-end chops. Or...did your dear honey pick up the wrong thing? :whistling *runs and hides*

Nice looking and sounding meals. CD, that is some fine looking gravy for a tenderloin done on the grill. :yum:

I had some tired mushrooms that needed to be used up. Made a big omelet (5 eggs total) to share. It was like "ordering" a pizza with split toppings! We had mushrooms all the way around, then Himself's side had chopped ham and American cheese. My side had fresh baby spinach and Swiss cheese. We each had a broiled tomato topped with shredded Parm, and half of a baked apple. I had saved two pieced of the overnight French toast casserole for a moment like this, so they each got their own bowl so we could put syrup on them and not have it run into the rest of the food.

Really more of a sauce than a gravy -- no drippings. I added a slurry to the marinade, and simmered it to thicken.

CD

Back
Top Bottom