Sunday Dinner 12/29/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Scallops, Roasted Baby Yukons, Steamed Green Beans, Salad with Zesty Italian Dressing...

Scallops, Seared, Roasted Baby yukons.jpg

Planning spaghetti with pesto and a veggie. Dessert, served later, will be cheesecake with blueberry topping.

Bruschetta with pinot noir braised onions, micro greens (or baby arugula) and bleu cheese. Rib eye carpaccio with a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil, sprinkles of Hawaiian pink salt, Parm R shards, micro greens and grilled hen of the woods mushrooms.

Attachments

• 2019-12-29 18.40.20.jpg
    2019-12-29 18.40.20.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2019-12-29 18.39.51.jpg
    2019-12-29 18.39.51.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 83
DH made tacos. All I did was chop onion and garlic and shred the lettuce. It was really good. We had a taco deficit. We had it with Wernesgrüner Pilsner.

Today was our kids' birthday. Rather than go out, which is the usual thing, we had a cookout at the house of Loverly's SO. He made really tasty burgers (he added Worcestershire sauce like Mom did :yum:) and homemade baked beans. I brought really good smoked hot dogs from the Amish area butcher shop, and made from-scratch mac-and-cheese. No cake. The kids aren't sweets eaters, and Himself and I can do without. :pig:

Leftovers were had at our house as we try to honor the day as a day of rest. My plate had bread dressing, very tender and succulent chicken thigh and drumstick meat from my last roasted chicken, and whole kernal corn, all chased with an ice-cold cream soda. DW had a bowl-full of split pea soup with Keebler Club Crakers. It tasted great and was ready in 15 minutes, from fridge to plate/bowl, to microeave, to TV tables.

Quick and tasty Sunday/Sabbath Day meal.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We had turkey, vegetable, and rice soup made with the carcass and some of the leftover turkey from Christmas. The rest is in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom