Sunday Dinner - 7/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday !
Marinated Rib Eye, Sauteed Bella Caps,
Roasted Potatoes, Peas & Carrots w/ Garlic & Butter...

Rib Eye Marinated 7-10-22.jpg

I just put a couple of turkey breast tenderloins in the sous vide. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and then topped them with lemon slices and a pat of butter. When they are done, I'm thinking I'll set a piece of TJ's naan on the plate, a smear of hummus, then chopped cabbage & tomatoes and sliced red onion...then a splash of lemon vinaigrette, slices of turkey a spoonful of tzatziki...with a side of rice pilaf. At least, that's what I'm thinking now...

Tonight, I batch cooked 2 recipes from the 1000 Mexican Recipes cookbook. The first one was the rice, zucchini, and onion hotdish. It makes for a good side. Also made the fish, shrimp, and oysters in packages recipe. I bought tilapia for the fish, as prices are getting quite high on other types of fish here in MN. Oysters were canned and shrimp was frozen. Being single, I try to save money on food and cooking is one way to do that.

We invited friends for supper at a local Mexican resto that has a terrasse and was willing to make a reservation for the terrasse. I'm not ready to eat indoors with strangers when almost no one is masking. The food was great. The Margaritas were excellent. The company was very enjoyable. It was us and five friends. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. (It was last Wednesday.)

Happy Anniversary to you and Stirling, taxy! Since you had margaritas, you should have included your little maracas guy!

Our supper was reruns of yesterday. Officially out of leftovers.

We invited friends for supper at a local Mexican resto that has a terrasse and was willing to make a reservation for the terrasse. I'm not ready to eat indoors with strangers when almost no one is masking. The food was great. The Margaritas were excellent. The company was very enjoyable. It was us and five friends. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. (It was last Wednesday.)

Happy Anniversary.

I just put a couple of turkey breast tenderloins in the sous vide. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and then topped them with lemon slices and a pat of butter. When they are done, I'm thinking I'll set a piece of TJ's naan on the plate, a smear of hummus, then chopped cabbage & tomatoes and sliced red onion...then a splash of lemon vinaigrette, slices of turkey a spoonful of tzatziki...with a side of rice pilaf. At least, that's what I'm thinking now...

It looks like a hot mess, but it was good!

IMG_6583 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom