Sunday Dinner 7/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday !
NY Strip, marinated (a-1, Worcestershire and Red Wine)
and Pan-Fried, Sweet Baby Basted, Roasted
Russet Chunks, Steamed Asparagus...

NY Strip, marinated & Pan-Fried 7-24-22.jpg

Last edited:
A selection of leftovers. The dishwasher is now mostly full of empty plastic storage containers.

Potato salad and baked beans. Oatmeal-fruit balls (like oat fruit cookies but not baked). Cherry nice-cream and cocoa nibs.

Hot weather, cold plates... although I did have to boil the shrimp and the eggs, and nuke an ear of corn. One of the deviled eggs has fresh chives from the porch steps garden, one has a generous sprinkle of paprika, and the last has pickled mustard seeds I made last night.

IMG_20220724_214756098_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I made a variation of Pepperhead's Rice and Garden Veggie casserole from Friday Jul 22 WFD thread.

Although I think mine turned out more like a spanish rice type of dish.

Good description how to use dried tomatoes. I had about a half package or more of sun-dried tomatoes and was wondering how or where to use them. Mine didn't get real soft but I like eating them, nice and chewy like dates

I cooked the rice first in tomato juice and rotel.- which I removed to a bowl before cooking everything else- onion garlic one can tomatoes,zukes and herbs. Then simmered with the rice back in to absorb flavors. The cilantro
succumbed to the heat, so I've been buying that lately. I added this just before serving. I also picked up some zukes at the farmer's market and jalapenos on Saturday.

I also added chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika .Well now I see it doesn't quite resemble a ratatouille which is fine. I liked it. I cooked mine in a dutch oven on the stove top

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom