Sunday Dinner - 8/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday !
Grilled N.Y. Strip, Air Fries, Buttered Carrots........

NY Strip , Grilled.jpg

Corned Beef (J.P. O'Reilly brand is so good), tiny Yukon potatoes, boiled cabbage and coleslaw.

corned_beef_081521_IMG_8442.jpg

I finally got around to trying some Merguez sausages from Lufa Farms. They have been in my freezer for too long. Oh my, those are delicious. I served them with rice pilaf left from a delivery from La Porte Grecque and a salad. That was a very tasty, easy meal.

Merguez sausages, rice pilaf, and a salad.jpg

I've had a hankering for chicken piccata lately, so that's what I made tonight. I served it over pastina and along side broccoli. Spinach salad came before; so far nothing on deck for dessert.
IMG_20210815_194013038.jpgIMG_20210815_211648766.jpg

We had boneless pork cops marinated in Italian dressing, mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. Cookies for dessert.

As stated, I was planning on leftovers. My son and DIL surprised me with yummy cheese burgers from the Trager, a mixture of elk, and antelope. They were juicy, and perfectly cooked, by accident. They were supposed to be hot-smoked, but the fire got to hot from dripping fat, causing a small inferno inside the Trager:ohmy:. So the burgers were flame-grilled, with the added flavor of burning fat (like steaks over charcoal). They were delicious. And to go with it, a summer blend sala, with a raspberry vinaigrette. My son was disappointed in the burgers. I thought they were the best he'd made yet. There were blue cheese crubles in the burger mix as well. Yum:yum:.

And those leftovers will make a fine lunch after dialysis today.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Pan-fried pork chops seasoned with Penzeys Greek seasoning, roasted feta on top of a mixture of small tomatoes and artichoke hearts, and a slice of bread for sopping up the juices.
20210815_201144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom