Sunday Dinner @ Granny's? (I Wish) 8/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Center-Cut, Bone - in Pork Loin Chop, soaked for two hours in Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce & Air-Fried, Stewed Tomatoes with Okra ans Minced Onion, Buttered Rice...Radish & Red Onion Salad w/ Ranch dressing....

Pork Loin Chop, BBQ Marinated.jpg

Lamb chunks marinated in yogurt, lime juice, garlic, etc overnight, then put on skewers and grilled, along with red onion and tomato skewers. Served on cumin flatbread with tzatziki.

Attachments

• 2020-08-30 18.42.09.jpg
    2020-08-30 18.42.09.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 85
DH ordered sandwiches from Dagwood's. They were good. DH had a "Dagwood" and I had the roast beef. They really hit the spot.

I made a sambar in my Instant Pot, with some toor dal and some whole oats, for bulk. I cooked some onions in some oil, then added a paste I made with peanuts, sesame seeds, and garlic, followed by the sambar masala, curry leaves, and tamarind. Then all of the water, dal, oats, and some okra. I put it in slow cook mode, and let it cook while I was in the garden for 2 hours. Then I added 2 eggplants, which I had cut up and dried out in the microwave for 8 min. I added that to the pot after the 2 hours, went back out, and cooked about 90 more minutes. Then I made a tarka, to temper the sambar. Served with a chutney on the side.
Sambar, with toor dal and whole oats, plus okra, tomatoes, and eggplant, for the veggies. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tarka for the sambar, with coconut oil, mustard seed, cumin, Thai peppers, asafoetida, and curry leaves. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished sambar, with some chutney on the side. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I was planning on nachos with leftover taco meat from last week, but DH went grocery shopping and had other ideas [emoji38] He said he thought nachos were a lunch thing, so he picked up a strip steak and half a dozen more ears of corn. He's absolutely obsessed with it this year.

So he grilled the steak and corn while I made caprese salads. It was a delicious dinner. Ice cream bars later while we watched "Black Panther."
20200830_200202.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom