Sunday Dinner? Yes, please. 9-27-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
My okra gave one last rally so I used it to make shrimp-sausage gumbo. What did you have for dinner today/tonight?

Attachments

• gumbo.jpg
    gumbo.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 89
They turned out great. I just need to scale down the amounts because I have a pint of filling to use. Going into freezer for later use.

Individual Sheppard's Pie

sheppards_pie_092720_1_IMG_7196.JPG

sheppards_pie_092720_2_IMG_7199.JPG

sheppards_pie_092720_3_IMG_7200.JPG

Three ingredient mac and cheese with bacon and asparagus.

Attachments

• 12A5E531-5155-4AF6-9A8E-BE113F961620_1_201_a.jpg
    12A5E531-5155-4AF6-9A8E-BE113F961620_1_201_a.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 72
We had leftovers from last night's supper. But, there wasn't as much as we thought, so had sandwiches afterwards.

They turned out great. I just need to scale down the amounts because I have a pint of filling to use. Going into freezer for later use.

Individual Sheppard's Pie

View attachment 43117

View attachment 43118

View attachment 43119

Good job MsM.......you're going to love using them. *Hint...I sometimes use my casseroles as a "measuring cup" for the ingredients needed to fill them without leftovers.

Tonight we had a pot of rib sticking chicken and noodles with some of the leftover beer butt chicken. I used Singapore Seasoning and it was so tasty. ..

Attachments

• P9270091.jpg
    P9270091.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Finally made a recipe I've had hanging around for several years. "Bouillabaisse de Poulet Chez Tante Paulette" a chicken stew with fennel and saffron. This is in a book by Patricia Wells but I found it on a Blog called Culinate that I used to follow. I believe it is not longer active but if you're patient you can find a lot of good recipes on storage.

I thought I followed the recipe pretty well but now of course, I see mistakes I made. But there were other things I was not terribly impressed with.

It has a very gentle flavour for a stew and I should have served it with a hearty bread. my bad. It also called for the fennel with feathery leaves attached. I did not think my fennel was old but I found the stems were very chewy even after cooking for a couple of hours.

All in all it was pretty good, will I make it again? Don't know, it is handy for prepping the day before and cooking up later. But somehow I was left wanting.

Bouillabaisse de Poulet Chez Tante Paulette

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom