Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Due to the heat, husband waited till late evening to do some lawn mowing, so I ended up going with "quick" instead of "light" this time.

Had some nice crusty Italian bread, so heated up some turkey meatballs in some jarred "pizza sauce", piled them on the opened bread, topped with some grated mozzarella cheese & baked them open-faced.

Saturday afternoon while we were at a large supermarket we saw their freshly baked giant baguettes on super sale "4 for 1€", which we just couldn't resist. One of them were consumed before we got home, as they were still quite warm and inviting. There were still 3 (about 50cm long each).

Even though they are wonderfully good stuff the problem is there are only two of us and they don't freeze very well (when we tried the last time they just turned into solid dry rocks!!). We need to consume them fairly quickly, so Saturday and Sunday we had some baguette sandwich fest with various fillings, and today (Monday), as the bread are starting to dry out, we are going to do some fondues:)

Ooh - you can also use them to make croutons for salad, or for great little crostinis/bruschettas. I try to always have some leftover to make Crab & Artichoke Crostini, which makes a great lunch or supper dish with a green salad.

BreezyCooking said:
Ooh - you can also use them to make croutons for salad, or for great little crostinis/bruschettas. I try to always have some leftover to make Crab & Artichoke Crostini, which makes a great lunch or supper dish with a green salad.

Yeah, crostini are also delicious!! These are skinny type of baguette - no more than 5cm diameter, therefore not quite suitable for bruschetta though, they make nice bite size crostini when they are sliced across in small pieces. However we decided for the fondue option, as we also bought lots of cheeses, including fontina and emmental that day!!:) (yeah, lots of calories too... but hey, we are going to do a superspinning class with the maniac instructor Michele before the dinner so that will even things out:ROFLMAO: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom