Sunday, June 27, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pork tenderloin with 3 mustard honey sauce and melons.

Attachments

• 2021-06-27 18.46.26.jpg
    2021-06-27 18.46.26.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 96
Pasta Kinda-Carbonara. I made my own fettuccini, and got it a bit too thick I've not played with the hand-crank pasta maker in ages. The sauce was eggs, bacon, cheese, black pepper, and pretty darn yummy!

Attachments

• 2021-06-27.jpg
    2021-06-27.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 51
I oven roasted a couple of marinated chicken breasts (saving one for a salad) and threw in some already cooked white wine and shallot sausage and some Italian sausage shortly before the chicken was done. I served that with cole slaw and Dragon Lady sesame noodles that I made Friday. Turned out yummy. The cole slaw had nappa cabbage, red cabbage, baby bok choy, red onions, and a mayo based dressing. The baby bok choy added a lovely, dark green colour (not really visible in the photos) to the slaw.

roasted chicken breast, cole slaw, sesame noodles.jpg

roasted chicken breast, sausage, cole slaw, sesame noodles.jpg

Chef's salad; lettuce, onions and pea pods from the garden, chopped ham and local green chile Monterey jack cheese, hard cooked egg, home made croutons, farmers market tomato. Ranch dressing added later.

Attachments

• IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 52
We had garden salads, grilled pork chops seasoned with Spice House's Jamaican Jerk Pork seasoning, corn off the cob, and cornbread. No dessert - but there was wine!

Writing this Monday morning. Last night I had store-bought gnocchi with tomato mushroom sauce. Didn't think it was going to be any good, or even edible because the original package was open months ago and has been refrigerated in Tupperware ever since. Turned out good though; might have taken a little longer for them to rise to the surface. Also had about 6 oz of raw leftover chicken breast getting old in the fridge so made two chicken tacos, topped with that same tomato mushroom sauce, carmelized cabbage (also leftover), and parmesan cheese.

A day late, but I did use some leftover meat for tacos tonight.

USDA Choice T-Bone, sous vide and seared in butter in a cast iron skillet -- medium rare, of course. Mushrooms sautéed in butter on the side.

CD

Attachments

• T-Bone002-800.jpg
    T-Bone002-800.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I oven roasted a couple of marinated chicken breasts (saving one for a salad) and threw in some already cooked white wine and shallot sausage and some Italian sausage shortly before the chicken was done. I served that with cole slaw and Dragon Lady sesame noodles that I made Friday. Turned out yummy. The cole slaw had nappa cabbage, red cabbage, baby bok choy, red onions, and a mayo based dressing. The baby bok choy added a lovely, dark green colour (not really visible in the photos) to the slaw.

View attachment 47498

View attachment 47499

Those sesame noodles are SO addictive. :yum:

Those sesame noodles are SO addictive. :yum:

They are. But, I think I will make a half batch the next time, since it's just the two of us. We will start to get a little tired of them by the time we have eaten them for days and days. I'll have to put a note on my copy of that recipe.

I figured I should remind folks here about those sesame noodles. We only tend to make them in warm weather, so it's easy to forget they exist.

Back
Top Bottom