Sunday, March 19, 2023, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Lemon risotto with seared scallops and steamed asparagus with lemon butter.
20230319_193052.jpg

It's tough to follow your delicious post, @medtran49.

We finished up the BBQ pork, making sandwiches on toasted rolls. Himself also cleaned up the bits and bobs of potato salad, baked beans, and dill pickle. He also had a small relish plate, seeing as he wasn't interested in a salad. I, however, made a colorful salad for myself and had my sandwich with a couple of bread and butter pickles.

20230319_205739.jpg

I tried something new. I wanted to make a pasta dish with chicken and spinach, so I searched the internet. I looked at a few recipes and then made up something.

Penne with a creamy spinach and chicken sauce. That was delicious. One recipe used cream cheese. I used some basil and chive chèvre that was getting near its best before date, so I used that instead of cream cheese. So, it was one chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces, sautéed and set aside. Then I started boiling the pasta. I sautéed a couple of cloves of minced garlic and two quartered, large mushroom caps and their minced stems in some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and added and finally, the chopped spinach. Once the spinach was wilted, I scooped a bit of the pasta water from the pasta pot into the skillet with the spinach. Then the chèvre went in and everything got stirred. Then I added the chicken and a bit of parm. Since the penne was now al dente, it went in and the whole thing simmered for a couple of minutes to make sure all the flavours had married. That was delicious. I will use more spinach another time. I will probably play around with the recipe in other ways too.

Attachments

• Penne in a creamy, sauce with spinach and chicken 2.jpg
    Penne in a creamy, sauce with spinach and chicken 2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Penne in a creamy, sauce with spinach and chicken.jpg
    Penne in a creamy, sauce with spinach and chicken.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 4
I couldn’t get @Silversage’s St. Patrick’s day dinner out of my mind so yesterday on the way home from the Sunday morning flea market I stopped at Wegman’s and bought a pair of 5.5 ounce filets.

Dinner was a crunchy romaine and onion salad with blue cheese dressing followed by a filet with mushrooms and a baked potato. 🐷

Looking forward to round two in a few days! 🤭

Back
Top Bottom