Sunday, March 26, 2023, what have you eaten today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
It's almost midnight my time, so I'm posting.

Chicken and yellow rice.

20230326_183723.jpg

Last edited:
Another one of those - tarnation, thought I'd posted that!

Sunday morning, while reading a note from a gal pal in Georgia, she mentioned just taking a crustless quiche out of the oven for breakfast.
So I had to jump up and make one for myself!
Bacon, cheese, cream and, of course, eggs. Perfect in my individual little cast iron pan. Delish and perfect size.

20230326_101722.jpg

Another one of those - tarnation, thought I'd posted that!

Sunday morning, while reading a note from a gal pal in Georgia, she mentioned just taking a crustless quiche out of the oven for breakfast.
So I had to jump up and make one for myself!
Bacon, cheese, cream and, of course, eggs. Perfect in my individual little cast iron pan. Delish and perfect size.

View attachment 64106
That's called a fritatta. We've got 1 piece left from 1 that I made a few days ago, sausage, onions, bacon, red bells, spinach, and cheddar. It was a use up leftover veges dish.

This is really weird -

when I see a recipe with Frittata in the name - I have no interest. Don't look at it. Don't read it (at least not usually).

Call it a Quiche and I will read it to the very, very last morsel. (and probably save it some where to get lost.)

Edit: Upon pondering...
could it be when I hear Frittata - I think mostly egg and a little cheese.
When I hear Quiche - I think mostly cheese and a little egg.

I think there is a very fuzzy line between omelette, frittata, quiche, Danish egg cake, Western omelette, breakfast casserole, and probably things I can't think of at the moment or haven't even heard of. I just remembered, a Spanish tortilla (tortilla de patatas) should be in that list.

Last edited:
I think there is a very fuzzy line between omelette, frittata, quiche, Danish egg cake, Western omelette, breakfast casserole, and probably things I can't think of at the moment or haven't even heard of. I just remembered, a Spanish tortilla (tortilla de patatas) should be in that list.
I think there are definitive descriptions of each of those things that differ from each other. They may seem like minor differences, but they're like the French mother and derivative sauces - add or change one or more ingredients and that gives it a different name.

A crustless quiche is not the same as a fritatta. I think people started calling it that when low-carb eating first became popular. It's also a way to describe it to people who know what a quiche is but may not be familiar with fritattas. The latter are still sort of a niche dish, especially if you make them the traditional way, by starting them on the stovetop and finishing under the broiler. I don't think that's as common as just throwing it in the oven, like a quiche.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom