Sunday Meals, July 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Good Morning everyone!

We just finished our breakfast, we had dutch babies (or as dh likes to call them. french footsies :LOL: ). I'll probably make an apple pie today. For dinner, we'll have breaded pork chops stuffed with green chile & cheese and mashed potatoes with bacon. Today is cheat day, can you tell?:-p

What's everyone cooking, baking & eating today?

let's see, I've been putting together orders all morning,like since 6a.m. Gina and hubby want pannini's so I have their choice of turkey,gruyere and cranberry mustard with baby spinach or pesto on foccacia, roast beef and fontina on foccacia with arugala, horsradish or mayo and mustard. ham,swiss,tomato on foccacia Ari wants grilled chicken, which I have marinating in evoo, lemon pepper, garlic and onion powder salt and pepper, a huge salad with tomato,cucumber, shrimp, crab, avocado,vidalia onions, crumbled bacon,shredded carrots, artichole hearts,beets,shredded cheese and various dressings. Appys are garlic stuffed onions, deviled eggs, rolled roasted peppers with mozz,tomato,basil, orzo cooked in broth then added to sauteed onions,garlic, parsley mushrooms and a dab of butter at the end. Stuffed Italian sausage,cream cheese,onion,garlic few bread crumbs into large mushrooms, parmesan bread,melon and prosciutto,creme brulee, ice tea or proseco,beer,coffee. That's it:wacko:

kadesma and the 4th is only a day or two away yippee:ROFLMAO:

kadesma said:
let's see, I've been putting together orders all morning,like since 6a.m. Gina and hubby want pannini's so I have their choice of turkey,gruyere and cranberry mustard with baby spinach or pesto on foccacia, roast beef and fontina on foccacia with arugala, horsradish or mayo and mustard. ham,swiss,tomato on foccacia Ari wants grilled chicken, which I have marinating in evoo, lemon pepper, garlic and onion powder salt and pepper, a huge salad with tomato,cucumber, shrimp, crab, avocado,vidalia onions, crumbled bacon,shredded carrots, artichole hearts,beets,shredded cheese and various dressings. Appys are garlic stuffed onions, deviled eggs, rolled roasted peppers with mozz,tomato,basil, orzo cooked in broth then added to sauteed onions,garlic, parsley mushrooms and a dab of butter at the end. Stuffed Italian sausage,cream cheese,onion,garlic few bread crumbs into large mushrooms, parmesan bread,melon and prosciutto,creme brulee, ice tea or proseco,beer,coffee. That's it:wacko:

kadesma and the 4th is only a day or two away yippee:ROFLMAO:

Can I come over? :)

Unfortunately I'm loaded with work, so my dinner will consist of something quick that I'll make here in the office. Most likely pasta with pesto (I always have a jar of homemade on hand) and tomatoes and some grilled chicken strips. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to marinate my chicken :(.

Gruss,
Jason

Sure Simon,
come on over, there's more than enough:LOL:

kadesma

Kadesma, as usual what you are having sounds wonderful. :) This morning I got up and made scrambled eggs with sausage for breakfast. Lunch will consist of a snack of some sort since I had a big breakfast. Dinner is going to be fried rice with either General Tso's or Sesame Chicken. I am leaning toward the sesame chicken. I also have some leftover Asian Cabbage Slaw from last night's dinner.

Not sure yet, but probably some meatball subs topped with parmesan and mozzarella.

SierraCook said:
Kadesma, as usual what you are having sounds wonderful. :) This morning I got up and made scrambled eggs with sausage for breakfast. Lunch will consist of a snack of some sort since I had a big breakfast. Dinner is going to be fried rice with either General Tso's or Sesame Chicken. I am leaning toward the sesame chicken. I also have some leftover Asian Cabbage Slaw from last night's dinner.
Hi SC:)
Now I could go for what your having it sounds yummy.No breakfast here today, DH and I usually go out but had to much to do this morning. That's ok gives me more room for dinner:LOL:
kadesma

Michelemarie said:
Kadesma, I wish I lived closer - I would bring the wine everytime!

We are going out for mexican food tonight - can you say margarita?
Hey MM,
I wish you were closer too..I think one of the most fun things would be to get to meet many of you. And wine would be fantastac:LOL:

kadesma

My oldest brother and his partner came down from Michigan for a visit today, so I fixed them an early 4th of July dinner, since they leave early on the 4th. Also, my oldest son (19) brought over his new girlfriend. This was our first meeting and she's adorable and sweet.
We had............BBQ Chicken, Baked Potatoes w/ Sour Cream & Butter, Amish Cole Slaw (its sweet), Cucumber & Onions in a Vinegar Solution, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob and Sweet Hawaian Rolls. For dessert..........much later of course because we were stuffed.......Watermelon.

corazon90 said:
Kadesma! What an incredible menu, I think we'd all like to come for dinner (as usual)! I'm sure you've spent most of your day in the kitchen and I know the rewards will be great.
You're right I just now shut off the lights and I started at 6:30 this morning:LOL: But, when i cook for my family and friends it's as much a pleasure as a movie. I would love to beable to do this and have all my DC friends here, that would be so much fun.

kadesma:)

Spicy hearty serving of BLACK EYED PEAS:) What a treat!!

img_286243_0_5f036c1e560b7155dad4e093533c1e4e.jpg

Well they did a free concert here just 5 minutes walk from our house, along with one of my favourite Italian bands Subsonica...:rolleyes:

For a real dinner afterwards, we had a heap of mushrooms, rocket and speck salad with fresh baguette!!

DH was on a roll yesterday. He made bacon and eggs for breakfast, then fried some beautiful filleted bass and baked potato wedges last night. My anorexic friend was here, and ate a whole fillet and a couple of potato wedges, then took home a care package.

We were backpacking this weekend and Paul caught five nice trout!! The first two we ate in camp on Saturday night and the other three we had for dinner at home last night. YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!! It was so good!

Last night I made a spicy Tofu stirfry, full of tofu, ground turkey, black cloud ear mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, bok choy, & bean sprouts, tossed with a sauce of hoisin, soy, dry sherry, & crushed red pepper flakes. Served over white rice. Delicious - & I had enough leftover for lunch today.

Back
Top Bottom