Sunday, Sept. 3rd.....Whats for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I found a wonderful Artisian French Garlic Parmesan Loaf of Bread at the Bakery yesterday so I'm going to fix a big dish of Homemade Spagetti and either Meat Sauce or Sauce with Meatballs.

Our son and his fiancee are here from Florida, and they brought some kind of special fahita meat and homemade tortillas. So, it's fahitas for supper tonight!

I have NO IDEA. We had a late brunch, a sort of Italian version of the Full English Breaskfast. I think we might join the Italians for aperitivo, and if we are hungry eat out. I'm not that keen on cooking in our hotel accomadation, though we have a two ring hob. When there is such good food outside its so much easier to eat out.

I'm making burgers on the grill, served with sauteed mushrooms for a topping, along with boston lettuce and farm fresh tomatoes. Baked potatoes a la Port Of Call in NOLA, roasted ears of corn and blueberry pie!

We also picked up a six pack of pumpkin ale....will probably drink that tonight.

Brats boiled in beer and onions and then grilled at our neighbor's annual Labor Day bash later today. They provide the brats and keg beer, a moon bounce or two for the little kids, and everyone else brings sides and appys and desserts (one guy is famous for his explosive wings).

I've already made an upside down pineapple cake, daughter made chocolate chip cookies, and the garlic is roasting in the oven right now for cliveb's roasted garlic cheescake.

Festivities will begin around 3 this afternoon.

Usual Sunday get together plus several couples..We are doing brats and buns, baked beans, napa cabbage salad, fruit salad and tortellini salad with pesto and fresh tomatoes...Before hand there will be figs stuffed with a dab of caramel mascarpone then wrapped in prosciutto, shrimp with cocktail sauce, and an avocado crab dip. Dessert is just two key lime pies with whipped cream. Ice cream for the little kids.
kadesma:)

Constance said:
Kadesma, I've got to have your recipe for avacado/crab dip! Pretty PULEEZE!
You got it:LOL: will post on the appy topic.
kadesma:)

This evening...

We are attending a finger food social. Cathy, my wife, is preparing some kind of ham-biscuit thingy. I'm fixing a 2 layer, yellow, butter cake with blueberry filling between layers and cream cheese frosting. It's in the oven now.

Marion

I have a bunch of roma tomatoes from the garden so I'm making a roasted tomatoe sauce to go with spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad.

Ribeyes, asparagus and portabellas on the grill, sweetcorn, fresh tomatoes w/sweet onions, garlic cheese biscuits and impossible pumpkin pie ---- beer ! :clap: Have a nice weekend all !!

We're having beer can chicken on the grill, baked beans, tossed salad and applesauce bread for dessert.

Penne Rigate with Sugo di Melanzana, Pomodoro e Mozzarella (Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sauce) from Marcella Says..., a superb cookbook by Marcella Hazan, the Italian Julia Child.

We're in the process of grilling turkey burgers on toasted hard rolls with all the "fixings" (choices of slices of raw Vidalia onion, blue cheese dressing, crumbled gorgonzola, sliced sharp cheddar, dill pickle relish, sliced pickled jalapenos, ketchup, a variety of mustards, etc.). It's sprinkling a little rain right now, but turkey burgers take so little time on the grill that that won't be a problem.

I had some leftover chicken, so I made myself a quesadilla. My wife and son had chicken and veggies. It really confuses my son when he looks around the table and we're all eating different things. Poor kid! We've been doing that frequently these days as we try to use up leftovers so they don't get thrown out.

we went to a coupla church festivals today, and had everything from pad thai and chicken kabobs, to (nasty, greasy :( ) hot dogs and ice cream.

so we just had leftovers for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom