Sunday Sunday...dinner Aug. 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having an early dinner for company today. In this heat, I need my head examined for serving oven barbecue pork ribs but they're never as good on the grill. Yep I know there are masters of grilled ribs, but not me. ;)
I'll also serve our favorite recipe for KFC Cole Slaw, and chili beans.

What's on your table today?

Must be rib day! ;) DH is doing ours on the smoker. I'm also making cole slaw, but DH likes bigger pieces of cabbage, and it's mostly for him, so that's what I'll do. Maque choux for both of us and a sliced tomato for me.

I'm in the midst of making a batch of my internationally acclaimed ranch potato salad. This evening I'll make some garlicy shrimp with parsley and anise. That will be our dinner.

Low sodium red beans and rice, courtesy of Zatarain's, with the addition of a minced fresh Habinero and jalapeno.

Too hot to cook!

It's 100 degrees already.

It's Deli sammiches, chips with some tall glasses of lemonade today.

Just finished slicing up some left over roast beef, grilled chicken,Salami and a small portion of Ham.Cooked up a few slices of bacon.

Shredded lettuce,onions,pickles,tomatoes are all ready to go.
My job is done.:)

My Mom might end up rolling over in her grave, but we're having fried bologna sandwiches tonight. (Mom was a staunch believer of the BIG Sunday Dinner.) Himself and I have had tastes for one lately, so that makes it "just right" for tonight.

Himself really enjoyed the black bean/corn salad I made yesterday. Since today is the last day for 20 cent corn at the corner store, I'll wander up there and see if they are fresh enough. If so, I'll make a different concoction of corn, beans, and something.

Shrimp and Fettuccine A-La Ella Brennan
Salad with the 'Mother Sauce of Mississippi' as dressing.
Ciabatta
Eloise's Lemon Squares.

Supper tonight will probably be a tomato sandwich. Or a couple of pieces of cold fried catfish or both!! :pig: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a little chocolate ice cream didn't show up.

Craig made braised short ribs a few weeks ago and made extra so he could shred the meat for ravioli filling. We just got finished making the ravioli and he's finishing up the sauce. It's basically the same as the original braising liquid that we ate up with the original cook because it was so good, but he used neck bones as they were on sale this week. Some kind of vege or salad as well. Haven't decided yet as we have 3 choices.

Must be rib day! ;) DH is doing ours on the smoker. I'm also making cole slaw, but DH likes bigger pieces of cabbage, and it's mostly for him, so that's what I'll do. Maque choux for both of us and a sliced tomato for me.

I ran out of spoons icing my cake, so I doctored up a can of baked beans instead of making maque choux; it can wait till tomorrow. Dinner was delish! :yum:

Attachments

• 1439770407398.jpg
    1439770407398.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 152
Beautiful plates GG and Joey.

My foil wrapped ribs in the oven were actually too lean so I laid some fatty bacon slices on top of them to cook for 2.5 hrs. and then finished them with sauce at 450 convection. :yum::pig:
They were a hit!

We went to supper at a friend's new place. She served squashed chicken grilled on a pellet burner, roasted potato salad, salsa verde, and berries with whipped cream for dessert. It was delicious.

Squashed chicken: she took out the rib cage and then weighted the chicken while it was grilling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom