Sunday Supper 7/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
The other half of last Sunday's Rib Eye, Grilled, with Grilled Shrimps, Whole Beets, Peas with 'Shrooms and Air Fries......... (URP !)

Rib Eye.jpg

Feeling a better lazy this Sunday. Going to turn a butternut, sweet potatoes mash my wife and I made into a soup with some left over veggie broth we have. Probably add a dollop of some sort of yogurt sauce :)

Tonight we had Taco-Frito salad. DH made the taco meat a while ago. Nice quick meal. I put a variety of leaves (Boston lettuce, endive, sorrel, young chard, a bit of fresh oregano) together as a salad. I put the fixings on the table: chopped red and yellow onion, pickled jalapeños, two kinds of jarred salsa, sour cream, some of yesterday's ranchoid dressing, and a chunk of old cheddar and a grater. We had Wernesgrüner Pilsner with supper. Really enjoyed that supper.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_170519.jpg
    IMG_20200705_170519.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200705_170602.jpg
    IMG_20200705_170602.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 76
Grilled pork chops for DH, salmon for me. The chops are a bit anemic looking. Probably should have given them a rub or a saucing. 20200705_192506.jpg20200705_183005.jpg

Well, I have a plan for dinner later.

I'll be using my handy dandy little individual casseroles with a mixture of wilted fresh spinach, and a skinned chopped up home grown tomato with S&P and some dried onion flakes on the bottom of the casseroles. Phew, that was sure a long sentence.

Anyway, I'll be slathering some highly seasoned mayo (Kewpie) on both sides of each Mahi Mahi piece, and laying it on top of the vegetables. I'll top each one with about a half cup of generously buttered Panko crumbs. I'll bake them at 350 for about 20-25 min. For a side, I want to make a box of Pasta Roni (angel hair pasta with herbs) with peas added at the end. That stuff is surprisingly good!

Pictures of dinner to follow but these are pictures of my two styles of individual casseroles. The Polish Pottery (my favorite) and the Corning casserole each hold about 1 1/3 cups, perfect for the toaster oven. I love using them for the two of us although I have several if we ever get to have company again.:mellow:

Attachments

• P7050039.jpg
    P7050039.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Funnyha the temps are the same as yesterday, mid 90's, yet it seems more tolerable today. Made grilled burgers, with cheese and perfect round onion slices, because I was paying closer attention to what I was doing. Otherwise, slices tend to become a little thicker on one side. There must be a curve in the slicing knife that no one else has.

Leftovers included reheated cowboy beans (more burger, better flavor today), green salad with orange french dressing and sliced cukes. Ice tea.

Well, I have a plan for dinner later.

I'll be using my handy dandy little individual casseroles with a mixture of wilted fresh spinach, and a skinned chopped up home grown tomato with S&P and some dried onion flakes on the bottom of the casseroles. Phew, that was sure a long sentence.

Anyway, I'll be slathering some highly seasoned mayo (Kewpie) on both sides of each Mahi Mahi piece, and laying it on top of the vegetables. I'll top each one with about a half cup of generously buttered Panko crumbs. I'll bake them at 350 for about 20-25 min. For a side, I want to make a box of Pasta Roni (angel hair pasta with herbs) with peas added at the end. That stuff is surprisingly good!

Pictures of dinner to follow but these are pictures of my two styles of individual casseroles. The Polish Pottery (my favorite) and the Corning casserole each hold about 1 1/3 cups, perfect for the toaster oven. I love using them for the two of us although I have several if we ever get to have company again.:mellow:
I think the generous use of of this spice combination made all the difference for the dinner tonight..https://www.myspicesage.com/singapore-seasoning-p-227.html
Dinner was easy and delicious.. The individual casseroles are perfect for leftovers for a great lunch/dinner tomorrow. Sorry for the blurry pictures, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• P7050041.jpg
    P7050041.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 79
  • P7050042.jpg
    P7050042.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
  • P7050043.jpg
    P7050043.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 79
  • P7050044.jpg
    P7050044.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 75
It was lunch really, but leftovers of pulled pork, fried corn, collards, and potato salad! At another point in the day, we had hamburgers and a shake. :yum:

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_223200.jpg
    IMG_20200705_223200.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 70

Sorry, I should have said they hold about 1 1/3 cups of liquid food. The capacity is more than than that mounded with dry ingredients.

Sorry, I should have said they hold about 1 1/3 cups of liquid food. The capacity is more than than that mounded with dry ingredients.

The casserole dishes are beautiful. I love those kinds of things, but then seem to struggle to use them. Individual dishes are awesome...but I end up making a huge pan or pot of something. Perhaps serve in them?

The casserole dishes are beautiful. I love those kinds of things, but then seem to struggle to use them. Individual dishes are awesome...but I end up making a huge pan or pot of something. Perhaps serve in them?

Kathleen, the trick is to first measure your wet ingredients in the actual casseroles so they don't overflow. Then you can pile the dry ingredients on top. Once you get the hang of it, they're really terrific for a dinner for two.

I'll add that I really like the casseroles for a glorified fish dish. I love fish but don't like the smell in the house of shallow fried or deep fried fish. That doesn't happen with baked fish and the little casseroles are perfect for the fish we enjoy in many ways.

Feeling a better lazy this Sunday...
Welcome to DC, SearSaltSavor! I was feeling lazy too, but then decided that the term "lazy" needed to be rebranded. ;) I "decided to channel my energies into leisurely pursuits" today, so Himself did a food run to our local pizza joint (where we never order pizza...) to pick up a steak and cheese calzone. I did make the night a little healthier, though, by serving up generous portions bowls of cherry/blueberry/nectarine salads - with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Can't be too healthy. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom